Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klecser Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 11:37 AM
    1980s Dragon Cartoon
    When I was a kid I remember an animated dragon cartoon that was a one shot deal or just a mini series. It was a serious cartoon. One of the events in it may have been a dragon egg hatching and a boy getting the dragon or being protected by dragons in some fantasy realm. It may have been an after school special movie, but obviously not one in which there was a "moral" or anything like the classic "After School Specials". It is NOT the Dragon's Lair cartoon or the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon or "Flight of Dragons".

Can anyone help me find references to it? My internet searches have all been dead ends.
    sleestack Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 04:07 PM
    I can't remember the name of the cartoon either. But I am looking for it too, a bit of nostalgia for it. Please post the answer if you find it. I was just a kid when it came out, but in my eyes it was very cool. It wasn't an afterschool special, because I remember watching it in the evening. Also I remember one of the kids turning into a dragon, but he still had a kids voice. There was one scene where he battled another dragon and the other dragon burned from head to tail like a fuse on a firecracker. Maybe this will help jog your memory.

Feb 9, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sleestack
    I can't remember the name of the cartoon either. But I am looking for it too, a bit of nostalgia for it. Please post the answer if you find it. I was just a kid when it came out, but in my eyes it was very cool. It wasn't an afterschool special, because I remember watching it in the evening. Also I remember one of the kids turning into a dragon, but he still had a kids voice. There was one scene where he battled another dragon and the other dragon burned from head to tail like a fuse on a firecracker. Maybe this will help jog your memory.
    You're ringing bells, but I don't think I'll ever be able to come up with a name. I was too young to care about names of shows I think. :(

Anyone else? :D

Feb 10, 2008, 02:01 AM
    I think I found it. I believe it was called "The Flight of Dragons"
    Here are some links
    The Flight of Dragons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dragon Movies
    http://members.tripod.com/~gruaglothor/tfodm.htm

Feb 10, 2008, 02:02 AM
    Bummer, I guess you said that wasn't it! That was the one I was thinking of.

Feb 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sleestack
    Bummer, I guess you said that wasn't it! That was the one I was thinking of.
    There are parts that look familiar but parts that don't. I may just be not remembering correctly. But thanks for your help and I'm glad I jogged your memory! :D
    Dalivus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 01:02 AM
    It was an After School Special based on the book Dragon's Blood by Jane Yolen. Sadly, I can't seem to find any reference to an existing video of it anywhere, but I'm certain as it was my favorite book and I remember the cartoon.

Mar 26, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalivus
    It was an After School Special based on the book Dragon's Blood by Jane Yolen. Sadly, I can't seem to find any reference to an existing video of it anywhere, but I'm certain as it was my favorite book and I remember the cartoon.
    You got it! :D It was a CBS Storybreak!! Thanks.
    Wolf Illusions Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klecser
    When I was a kid I remember an animated dragon cartoon that was a one shot deal or just a mini series. It was a serious cartoon. One of the events in it may have been a dragon egg hatching and a boy getting the dragon or being protected by dragons in some fantasy realm. It may have been an after school special movie, but obviously not one in which there was a "moral" or anything like the classic "After School Specials". It is NOT the Dragon's Lair cartoon or the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon or "Flight of Dragons".

Can anyone help me find references to it? My internet searches have all been dead ends.
    I have that cartoon I recorded a long time ago.
    lynchie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Hi you I think I have found it!! Try googling Nezha Conquers the Dragon King, Cartoon film from 1979... good luck!:)
    jcammisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 11:19 AM
    DUDE! I was just scouring the internet trying to figure out what the name of that mini series was called. Its funny cause I know a recorded on to a tape of cartoons a billion years ago when it aired. Everything you've said so far so far is right on, about the dragon egg and the dragon protecting the kid and they're on some weird alien planet. The one other think I can remember is that they weren't called dragons but it was something like dracs or drakens. Hopefully that rings a bell and you remember the name and then let me know what that name is.
    Black Wolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Cbs storybreak ,
    Dragons Blood
    Book by jane yolen.
    Looking for the video for this anyone please? I miss this so bloody much :P
    twilightjaguar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Wasn't it called Heart's Blood?
    KurtandDave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Yeah I was trying to figure one out too that was kind of sounding like what was described. It wasn't the Nezha Conquers the Dragon King cartoon. The one I was thinking of is an american cartoon (at least I think so). In it there is this guy that lives in a mansion and he finds an egg on a stormy night and it hatches into a dragon who ends up growing and he raises it. The dragon ends up liking shiny things and it takes a pillow case and starts looting the mansion and goes crazy at a party and he gets excommunicated and ends up in a circus I believe then he ends up in a cave. Don't really remember the ending. Any ideas?
    reallyrosie84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Found it, but not a recording of it yet- its from CBS Storybreak season 1, episode 9- Dragon's Blood

CBS Storybreak: Dragon's Blood episode on TV.com
    CeilidhChaos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 07:06 PM
    CBS Storybreak "Dragon's blood"
    fifteenthirteen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 11:38 AM
    It's called 'The Dragon Who Wasn't (Or Was He?) (1983)
    fifteenthirteen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 11:39 AM

It's called "The Dragon Who Wasn't (or Was He?) (1983)
    angela_1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 08:34 PM
    I've heard two different things, one that it was called dragons blood and two that it was called hearts blood, I think both are right, however Dragons Blood was the actual name of the cartoon, and Hearts Blood was the name of the dragon that Jakkin bonded with, I am also looking for this particular video, its been 27 years since I saw it as a little girl and I want to see it again so badly, if anyone happens to come along a link that actually has the show to view please e mail me at [email protected] I would be glad to do the same for anyone else who wishes the same thing. In the meantime I will keep searching
    StukNva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 09:42 AM
    I'm looking for the same type of cartoon but its not Flight of the Dragons or Nezha Conquers. The main character was a skinny goofy young man and was thrown into this fantasy quest by some sort of game master or a chess master in a store. The movie I'm thinking of is old school Japan animation or something. It involved the young man saving a dragon egg or maybe he was trying to escape from hatching dragon eggs (my memory is a little foggy about the exacts). Also there was a war of some sort between a red and black dragon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s/90s cartoon about a doll where reality goes to a cartoon [ 19 Answers ]

There was a doll that a movie was made about or vice versa, I can't remember. Anyway, these 2 girls, one is the doll, crawl through a little toy tunnel type thing and turn into a cartoon. They meet a rich spoiled girl and she has all these amazing toys in a huge room in her mansion. Then there is a...

90's short cartoon about a vampire and his nightmares cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

I remember a short time toon I used to watch on the early 90's and now I forgot the name. It was about a vampire that did something and he ends up dead. But all that it was only a nightmare! When he dies in his dream, he wakes up and then goes back to sleep, closing his cofin. The toon must be...

1980s Movie- need help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to find out the title of a movie I use to watch all the time. The movie was about a girl, who's name is Mackenzie- I think. She just moves to a new place and she has to go to a program at a place like the YMCA. She wants to be apart of a band so she changes her clothes and puts up...

Trying to find name of 1980s movie? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I saw a movie when I was young around 1991/2 on TV. It was very similar to E.T as it had a really small creature(less than 1ft in height, which was possibly an alien) which befriends a boy. I recall very little of the movie apart from an explosion occurring at a convenience store/filling...

Name of move from 1980s [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie from the 1980s that was about 3 or 4 kids that built a spaceship out of parts from an amusement park or something and took it to outerspace and met some aliens. The spaceship was able to fly because one of the kids was a genius and built a computer that created a bubble to let it...

View more questions Search