Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StukNva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 09:48 AM
    Comment on StukNva's post
    I take it back! Lol! It was flight of the dragons! The cover art just didn't look right. But I youtube'd it and sure enough; I found the movie I had been looking for! Thanks!!
    vkayf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 06:13 PM
    I remember the cartton as well. I don't know what it was called, but I remember that the dragon's name was "Heart'sBlood"and that she ate twigs of some sort to breath fire? The dragon also ended up fighting a nasty green opponent at one point, and the main character wore a blue suit all of the time. He was caught out in the cold at some point.. the planet may have enn called sun-over? Or the freezing temperatures during that time of day were called that?
    jink246 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 07:59 PM
    I remember the cartoon. It was called Dragon's Blood and it was part of CBS Storybreak after school special. They animated all kinds of cool books aimed at 80's children. Anyway, the main protagonist was a slave boy named Jakin who could talk to dragons. When he communicated with the dragons, his eyes would sparkle and the dragon's would flash in turn. All the people in this world had greenish pale skin. Anyway, Jakin is a slave who steals a dragon's egg from a nest he is tending. I don't know why he does it but he can communicate with the little pink baby dragon and names it "Heart's Blood". At one point he runs away and gets lost in a snow drift. He is found by a young girl named Aki who help him train the baby dragon as it grows.

At one point, they enter the now grown dragon known as Heart's Blood into this arena to fight other dragons. Apparently, you can win freedom if your dragon wins a number of battles. Or whatever. Heart's Blood is set against a green dragon named "Shining Jade". At one point, Heart's Blood seems to get the upper hand in the battle by snapping one of Shining Jade's black horns but then Shining Jade begins making a shrill noise.

"What's that noise?" groans Jakin, covering his ears.

"It's Fool's Pride." Says Aki, our expert on all dragons. "Shining Jade is ashamed at having lost. He's fighting back. He'll scream until Heart's Blood attacks out of anger."

"And then?" Jakin asks.

"Then you'll have nothing but a mad dragon on your hands." Says Aki.

Jakin somehow manages to enter the arena and calm Heart's Blood down using his special dragon whisperer techniques. Some awesome green-skinned lord is impressed by this youth and his dragon and offers to buy Heart's Blood. Um, but that's all I can remember. I was about 4 or 5 when I saw it.
    razielraziel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Perhaps you mean the: Taro the Dragon Boy (1979)
    Filmwolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Ironically I have the Video copy of this because I recorded it when they aired it. I wish they would release the whole program onto DVD box sets. I don't understand why they don't release all 1980 TV shows and Cartoons to DVD. It was the best era for them. Even as a kid I drew the picture of Hearts Blood when he was getting older. Loved the show. Best dragon animation made back in the day. Cheers Everyone!
    -Filmwolf
    XStillXIllX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 02:58 AM
    Hope this is helpful to some people trying to find this.

http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/cbs-storybreak-season-1-episode-9-dragons-blood-144469#
    qriddlerq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 03:03 AM
    It's on YouTube now:

Dragon's Blood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEWzcmTScL8
    baristass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2013, 01:01 PM
    I'm looking for similar stuff (maybe same), I remember the scene where dragons had like some kind of council in the woods, and they are masked in trees...
    baristass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Never mind my last post... I found it :) The Railway Dragon. (1989)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s/90s cartoon about a doll where reality goes to a cartoon [ 19 Answers ]

There was a doll that a movie was made about or vice versa, I can't remember. Anyway, these 2 girls, one is the doll, crawl through a little toy tunnel type thing and turn into a cartoon. They meet a rich spoiled girl and she has all these amazing toys in a huge room in her mansion. Then there is a...

90's short cartoon about a vampire and his nightmares cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

I remember a short time toon I used to watch on the early 90's and now I forgot the name. It was about a vampire that did something and he ends up dead. But all that it was only a nightmare! When he dies in his dream, he wakes up and then goes back to sleep, closing his cofin. The toon must be...

1980s Movie- need help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to find out the title of a movie I use to watch all the time. The movie was about a girl, who's name is Mackenzie- I think. She just moves to a new place and she has to go to a program at a place like the YMCA. She wants to be apart of a band so she changes her clothes and puts up...

Trying to find name of 1980s movie? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I saw a movie when I was young around 1991/2 on TV. It was very similar to E.T as it had a really small creature(less than 1ft in height, which was possibly an alien) which befriends a boy. I recall very little of the movie apart from an explosion occurring at a convenience store/filling...

Name of move from 1980s [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie from the 1980s that was about 3 or 4 kids that built a spaceship out of parts from an amusement park or something and took it to outerspace and met some aliens. The spaceship was able to fly because one of the kids was a genius and built a computer that created a bubble to let it...

View more questions Search