Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggtzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Change Hard Disk of a Pavilion N5340
    How can I remove (wich screws) the hard disk from a Pavilion N5340 and reinstall a new one, I can fins where exacly is the hard disk

THANKS IN ADVANCED

Gerardo Gutierrez O.
    Monterrey, N.L. Mex:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2008, 10:01 AM
    If you go to hp.com you can download all the manuals. One of them will have a diagram about replacing the hard drive.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Why are you changing out the disk? Are you replacing the disk drive with one from HP that comes preloaded with their software for your computer.

If you are just adding a larger drive, I would locate the C: drive and right above t there should be an expansion slot that you could use. The drive would automatically become drive "D".

If your operating system is XP or Vista, do not format the drive for "Fat32" Fat32 (File Allocation Table 32) is the older operating system's.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Umm Don, this is a laptop. Most do not have dual drive bays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Unallocated hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My old disk with data is showing the unallocated When I right click on that in disk management it is not showing iniliaze option Please tell me what I do...

Can't see hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I have two hard disks,one of 40 GB and the other of 200 GB.On the first one I had a 10 GB primary partition and a 30 GB extended one.on the primary partition was installed windows xp.n the extended partition there were two logical drives,one of 20 Gb and the other of 10 GB.I had installed linux on...

Hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

BIOS detects the hard disk and but in hard disk configuration I did not see the cylindar and Track and Sector are there. Will send me the suggestion to repair my hard disk. Deep

Cannot access hard disk [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 HDs on my XP sysyem.Suddenly,I cannot access the slave,boot up locks up on"verifying DMI pool data". If I disconnect D: all is well.If I define d: as master and diconnect c:,I can then boot up from floppy and access the drive. The drive (20GIG) has partitions primary 8,extended 19+ and I...

View more questions Search