Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEM1109 Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Feb 7, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Can some one tell me when Georgia and other southern states complied with the Federal Law regarding Daylight Savings Time. I am trying to find out information on when Georgia actually complied . And if possible your point of reference.

Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JEM1109
    Can some one tell me when Georgia and other southern states complied with the Federal Law regarding Daylight Savings Time. I am trying to find out information on when Georgia actually complied . And if possible your point of reference.

Thanks

Interesting question and I cannot find anything that specifically addresses Georgia (or any other specific State) but I do know it's not mandatory for a State to comply. Here is the law from Infosearch - "Federal Law does not require States to comply: The federal law that established "daylight time" in the United States does not require any area to observe daylight saving time. But if a state chooses to observe DST, it must follow the starting and ending dates set by the law. From 1986 to 2006 this was the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it is observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time."

The various sites refer to Indiana (which apparent was a hold out) but I cannot find anything else specific.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. That's why you got the comment you did. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread in an appropriate forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daylight savings time [ 2 Answers ]

Any issues with dst? Don't use outlook calendar

Daylight Savings [ 2 Answers ]

Is it this weekend? When do I change my clocks? Tonight (March 10th @ 2am) Or tomorrow (March 11 @ 2am) Thanks

Daylight Savings changes & MS Dbs [ 2 Answers ]

With the standard beginning and end dates of daylight savings time changing next year, will any of the MS database products be affected? My site is still using Access 98, as well as 2000, SQL/Server 2000 and Oracle 10. My concern is really for the functions packaged with those database. Will they...

Savings? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and hope to get some replies. I'm thinking of buying a co-op in NY city. I make about 1000 a week and pay 1000 a mo. In rent, my share, Anyway, what would the cost savings be if any should I buy this apt. The mortgage would be about 1600 a mo. Plus 1000 for fees and taxes...

Daylight time new dates [ 8 Answers ]

I was on the NBS site to set my watch. The standard time notice reminded me we will be on daylight time longer starting this year. I am sure the old Mac I was using has no way of knowing it. Where is that information stored, and how do you change it? Could be a bigger mess than Y2K turned out...

View more questions Search