Ask
    bdarefritz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Can't figure it out
    Need help with manufacturing overhead apply to work in process
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Overhead is applied based on some type of activity base. Assuming this is textbook, they'll generally use machine hours, direct labor hours, or direct labor dollars. Then they should give you a rate to use to apply the overhead.

For instance, if the rate is $35 per machine hour, you check for how many machine hours you actually had that month. If it is 200, then you take the 200 hours times the $35 rate per hour. For direct labor dollars, they may give it as a rate per one dollar, in which just multiply the same way. Or they sometimes give it as a percent of the labor cost, in which still multiply, but move the decimal since it's a percent. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't figure it out [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, for school we have some unproctored tests that we have to take. However, we HAVE to use Explorer, as the site does not work with FF apparently. These are patient-nurse scenario based programs and pop-ups must be turned off. Well, I HAVE turned off my pop-ups, but apparently I still can't...

I can't figure out what to try next [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Smith (cast iron boilers) oil furnace. Several of the parts are labeled Honeywell. I hadn't used it this year yet because of finances, then once I was able to get oil delivered I had to wait as there was water in cellar. Finally the oil supplier came and said the boiler and chimney base...

Trying to figure something out. [ 10 Answers ]

As you all know I'm a little brain dead when it comes to dating... hahaha... But I just got out of a really great/bad relationship I loved him, but he still loves his children's mother you know how that goes, but anyhow. My mother decided to play match maker with her friends son with me. So I...

A 3 d figure ? [ 1 Answers ]

Justin made a 3-dimensional figure out of a net that had 2 equal-sized circles and a rectangle. What figure did he make?

I can't figure out who it's by! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

.:confused: I have been trying to figure out who this song is by and what it is called. It's a rock song sung by a guy really high pitched on the chorus and some of the lyrics are... "All I want, all I want is a little place of my own where I can rest my head." It's been on my mind forever, and...

View more questions Search