Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedapinch Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Spotting - First Trimester
    :(
    Has anyone here experienced spotting while pregnant? I am currently 9 weeks and yesterday I experience a little bit of spotting. It was not much, I'd say less than 1/4 tsp. No cramps related to it other than bowel movement from being slightly constipated. No more spotting has happened since that time. Is it best to just call the doc and wait for whatever bad news is coming?
    Thanks for your help.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Feb 7, 2008, 12:56 PM
    When in doubt, ALWAYS call your dr. Chances are you're OK but you need to make sure
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Please go to the doctor, spotting might be normal for you but better to make sure that everything is okay, if for no other reason at least it will put your mind at ease. Good luck.
    Leedee Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Please go to the doctor, spotting might be normal for you but better to make sure that everything is okay, if for no other reason at least it will put your mind at ease. Good luck.
    I agree with Althenweg. See your Dr
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Spotting is quite common in the early stages of pregnancy. The real concern comes when the blood is bright red and/or accompanied with constant cramping.

But as the others said, it's always best to check with your doctor :)
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 8, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I had some slight spotting during my first trimester. I called my doctor just to make sure everything was okay. The doctor told me spotting during early pregnancy is normal as long as it is not accompanied by cramps or any pain. But just to be safe call your doctor. When pregnant you can never be too safe.
    ciaobella Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedapinch
    :(
    Has anyone here experienced spotting while pregnant? I am currently 9 weeks and yesterday I experience a little bit of spotting. It was not much, I'd say less than 1/4 tsp. No cramps related to it other than bowel movement from being slightly constipated. No more spotting has happened since that time. Is it best to just call the doc and wait for whatever bad news is coming?
    Thanks for your help.
    Its probably nothing to worry about a lot of women have spotting during their pregnancy but in saying that it is always better to be safe then sorry so the best thing I can suggest is go see your doc and have the baby checked out. This will put your mind at rest... goodluck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Have you had sex recently? Many times spotting during the first trimester is due to sex. Doesn't have to be rough sex, just plain ole sex'll do it. Ya know why? Everything down there is all swollen because of an increase in hormones, so simple penetration can cause spotting.

As long as there is no cramping, either abdominal or back... it is most likely normal for you.

I will agree with the others though, that you need to contact your doctor and let him/her know. If you are Rh negative, you will need a RhoGAM shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In 1st trimester of pregnancy what does large egg sac indicate, why genetic testing [ 1 Answers ]

In 1st trimester of pregnancy what does a large egg sac mean and why genetic testing.

I've been through D&C during my 1st trimester of pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband been very happy at my 8 weeks of pregnancy I saw my baby with good cardic activity through transvaginal ultrasound.although I have small spots due un strong hold of embryo, my ob-gyne continue my medication, bed rest and told me that we will met again by the end of the month for...

Second Trimester worries [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing early leakage (breasts) during my second trimester. I would like to find out if this is normal. I am currently 19 weeks along. It was the size of a half-dollar on my shirt.

Spotting.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. First of all let me say hi to everyone:p . I am new to this forum and thought maybe you guys could help me out with my situation. My situation is as follows. I have been on the pill for three years now "Alesse 21". My periods are always regular. This month during the 1st or 2nd week of taking...

Spotting [ 3 Answers ]

Had my period 6-22-6-24 very light pink which is unusal for me usually lasts longer than 3 days was supposed to start the 13th but was late then it stopped thought it was over but still spotting sometimes it's there on the tp sometimes its not had to use a pl for a few days this has never ever...

View more questions Search