Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KAS40 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Buying a home
    Is it better to purchase a home with cash or take out a mortgage?
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
    If you have the cash, it would seem best to do it that way. You would not have to pay any interest or finance fees. As long as you can show where the cash came from... Sometimes, drug dealers try to spend their profits on large things like that... so the government wants to see a trail of where the cash has been.

I always wondered what would happen if someone dug up their grandfathers coffee can full of cash and tried to use it?

It would also depend what your purpose would be for taking a loan. Some people wish to do so to establish more credit history.

Sometimes, cash transactions also get a better bargain from the seller. They know they won't have to wait for the buyer to work through the banking system. Therefore, the seller is sometimes willing to accept a lower price.
    hallcn3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:51 AM
    We are buying a home for less than what house around us are listed for. Can we get a second mortgage the same time as closing so we can cover our costs and do some improvements?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying A Home [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I were going to buy a home we did all the paper work and we had applied for a loan for the purchase of this home the closing was also set but the loan wasn't finished going through the process due to us not being able to able to get some paperwork that the loan officer needed, so we...

Buying home, need to get out of lease [ 1 Answers ]

Live in fl. found home we are buying but have a lease till oct. let landlord know beg of jan. that we would be gone by end of feb. we were there from oct 06, 16 mo, never late never any problems. He says an agreement is a agreement and won't let me out of lease. Im not going to another lease we...

Buying a home [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have a general idea on how much it costs to have someone show you a house that is for sale?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search