Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 09:01 AM
    IIS "default FTP site" doesn't start
    I am running XP Professional and just installed IIS

The IIS "Default FTP Site" does not "Start" It comes up (Stopped) even when I try to start it from the IIS MMC snapin I get the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

But IIS "Default Web Site" started up OK, what can the problem be? Should I install extra drivers or services?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Feb 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Make sure that your c:\inetpub\ftproot folder exists and that you have access to this folder. This is the default home folder of your FTP site.

You should have a new user account on your machine. It will be named IUSR_MachineName where MachineName is the name of your computer. This user is used for the Anonymous access security of your FTP site.

Take a look at your Application and System event logs. Are there any STOP or WARNING errors relating to the FTP site or IIS?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"web site" or "website" [ 4 Answers ]

Google searching the two terms show 61% of pages use the term "web site" and the others use "website". Many pages use both! Just out of trivial curiosity, does anyone know of an "authority" who argues that it should be one or the other?

Bot "Attacking" My Web Site [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I've recently been working on my web site. As part of this site I have a shoutbox (on front page) and a contact me page. The contact me page creates an email and sends that off using PHP. Anyway, if you take a look at the page and view the shoutbox, I have a load of rubbish in there...

Please Help! Black screen on start up with "|"flashin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I tried adding a new hard drive as an extra with my other one, I connected it all up and when tried to boot up my computer said it could not boot up, so when I disconnected it back to normal my computer worked, but I re connected and put in a windows boot disk and setup started but then I...

View more questions Search