Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beingscrewed Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Australian Stick Bug
    I just received an Australian Stick Bug as a gift, and I have no idea what to do with it. It is in a vented plastic cage with a flip top lid, some fake ivy in it, and a small water dish. I was told to feed it greens. I don't know what kind, or if the wrong kind would be bad for it. Can someone advise me what to feed it, and how often. What do they like? What do they do? All I know is it's pretty cool looking, and probably getting hungry.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Jan 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Information -
    Quote Originally Posted by beingscrewed
    I just received an Australian Stick Bug as a gift, and I have no idea what to do with it. It is in a vented plastic cage with a flip top lid, some fake ivy in it, and a small water dish. I was told to feed it greens. I don't know what kind, or if the wrong kind would be bad for it. Can someone advise me what to feed it, and how often. What do they like? What do they do? All I know is it's pretty cool looking, and probably getting hungry.

The following sites will give you information.

http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/bugclub/sticks.html

http://www.small-life.co.uk/page1.html

Irulan
    beingscrewed Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 11:50 PM
    Thanks a lot for the info. I'll check these sites out. Now we're trying to think of a name for him. I can't believe I'm naming a bug!!
    kayla72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 10:13 PM
    I have An Australian stick bug myself and they eat sticker buches and check to make sure that there is not spiders under the leaves because my grandpa has a lot of different kinds and most of them died because their was a spider and it killed them also spray the cage with distilled water twice or three times a day and when you put the sticker bushes in the cage, I put a bottle of water in it and cut out a part of it and put the bushes in there with water and instead of switching the leaves out every two-three days if you get enough you don't have to change it out for like two weeks. But watch the bugs so they don't drown or get stuck. If you have any more questions you can email me
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla72 View Post
    i have An australian stick bug my self and they eat sticker buches and check to make sure that their is not spiders under the leaves because my grandpa has a lot of different kinds and most of them died because their was a spider and it killed them also spray the cage with distilled water twice or three times a day and when you put the sticker bushes in the cage, i put a bottle of water in it and cut out a part of it and put the bushes in there with water and instead of switching the leaves out every two-three days if you get enough you don't have to change it out for like two weeks. but watch the bugs so they don't drown or get stuck. if you have any more questions you can email me
    Thank you for your information. If the original poster comes back on after four years I'm sure he will find it useful. Meanwhile I'm closing this thread to save bandwidth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Peel and stick vinyl tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Looking to use these in my kitchen because I can't get the same pattern on a roll of vinyl.Now I have never used these before and have a couple questions.I know they come with glue on the backs but how good is it.Does it hold for a short time but then they come loose.See wondering if I should add...

Stick Arena Cheats? [ 9 Answers ]

I've been searching for games and found this one. I've played and seen many cheats. How do they die and get a wep automatically when they revive? How do they go through walls? How they go real fast?

Peel and stick [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to put peel and stick on an already tiled floor. The tiling was well done so I don't want to tear it up. It's just ugly for my taste. How can I pull this off?

Should people stick to what they know? [ 22 Answers ]

Should people post in forums they know little about if others with good backgrounds are active there?

View more questions Search