Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill slater Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Pvc waterline leak
    I have a 3/4 pvc water line with a hose bib outdoors. The water pipe is wrapped in pipe insulation and 16' of it runs through a concrete wall. Somewhere in the wall there is a slow leak, possibly in a fitting that didn't receive enough pipe glue. Iwas wondering if liquid radiator stop leak installed under pressure would fill in leak. The label says it is good for plastic fittings. Does anyone know if this is compatible with pvc. Any other suggestions or ideas to fix leak . Thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Well, I wouldn't put any kind of stop leak in my water system. You said 16 foot runs through concrete wall. Did you mean 16 inches?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 10:56 PM
    BIll Slater - That would be a very good way to poison you or some else in your home or all, that remark on the label did NOT mean water lines to homes or a bussness.. ( MY ANSWER IS DO NOT USE!! ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PVC Pipe Leak [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed a small leak in my basement whenever my second floor toilet is flushed. The toilet is positioned near the outside wall of my house. A plumber indicated that the cause of the problem is most likely one or more holes in the PVC pipe which were caused by nail holes when our contractor...

Leak between sink & pvc connection [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a new sink in my bathroom. I bought new waste pvc pipes and installed them from the sink to the wall. I thought it was all working fine but I noticed that at the top of where the pvc pipe connects to the metal sink pipe I have seepage. Basically the water is not pouring out,...

PVC pipe leak from toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Help.. My wife and I bought our first house 5 months ago. We are not used to living in a home with 2 floors and a basement. So, the toilet on the upper floor started leaking a few drops a minute, so it is not serious yet:). The drops are forming on the elbow joint of the PVC pipe in the...

Leak in PVC Drain Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently refurbished the powder room (1/2 bath) in the main hall of our house. Everything went well until I had to deal with the pedestal sink. After some struggle, I finally got the sink attached properly to the wall and the pedestal bolted to the floor. However, after I turned on the water,...

Non accesible leak in PVC drainpipe [ 3 Answers ]

I have got a couple of leakages in the PVC drainpipes which convey the rain water from my flat roof. The pipes are not accesible since they are behind tile walls. Is there any sealing liquid I can pour in the entry to the drainpipe in the roof so that it seals the leakage? The leakage is...

View more questions Search