Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2008, 04:07 PM
    2007 tax, about bad debt (loan)deduction
    Steinar loaned a friend $9,500 three years ago to buy some stock. In the current year the debt became worthless. a. How much is Steinar's deduction for the bad debt for this year? (assume he has no other capital gains or losses.) What can Steinar do with the deduction not used this year?
    My answer is steinar's deduction for bad debt for this year is $3,000 and I think that the remaining 6,500 will carry to the following years deduction, is this correct?

Check out some similar questions!

What is he tax deduction for a dependent for 2007 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the tax deduction for a dependent for 2007

I need student debt consolidation loan for poor credit or bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone suggest me I'm from singapore and I wish to go study in USA.Anyoone suggest

Can I avail tax benefit on housing loan borrowed in current year 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

I have borrowed housing loan in year 2007. The possession of the flat will be in next year June 2008. My question is can I avail tax benefit on this loan for the year 2007-08 tax calculation. The amout disbursed to the builder is a part payment not full. I have asked bank to deduct full installment...

Deduction of Housing Loan [ 1 Answers ]

Can Pre EMi for housing loan is eligible for deduction.

Student loan deduction [ 6 Answers ]

Hi For the year 2005 I was on F1 status. I wanted to deduct my student loan payments. I paid a total interest of $1425 in year 2005. I tried filling the worksheet provided with form 1040 nr ez instructions. According to their calcluations Ican only deduct $ 133 out of 1425 I paid as interest. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.