Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Who's your fav. Author?
    Why?
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Feb 6, 2008, 02:47 PM
    I love Jane Austen. All of her works are clever, entertaining and beautifully written. Also, many of the themes illustrated in works are still very relevant today, such as the social and family pressures placed on Anne in Persuasion or the misinterpretation of personality between Lizzy and Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 02:48 PM
    I am currently fixated on Anita Shreve. I like her style of writing and storytelling.
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Robin McKinley: pulls you into her world with small details like food, flowers, animals, and everyday life. Even if it's the everyday life of a girl who can draw power from the sun. She makes fantastical or magical aspects of her world seem so normal and completely believable. Everything has as history and she creates rules for her worlds that she really sticks to.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Of what time?

Shakespeare - life, defined
    Jane Austen - life, lived
    Baroness Orczy - life, idealized
    Agatha Christie - life, mysterized (not a word, but I'm a writer, so I can make them up!)
    MINTKATA_71 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Tamora pierce her writing is captivating and the descriptions are the best.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Feb 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Favorite? Wow... there are so many from different genres.

I'm going to pick two though.

Flannery O'Connor because I love her whole Southern Gothic style of writing. Plus I'm a sucker for a good short story.

And Gabriel Garcia Marquez's style of magical realism is just amazing. His descriptions just sucked me in.
    aokai Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 03:56 PM
    I love Kate Atkinson.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 04:49 PM
    I cannot answer because I do not have one favorite. I have favorites in different categories but if I had to pick just one overall it would be Ernest Hemingway. I like his style, his grit, and just the way he writes.
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Feb 10, 2008, 04:26 AM
    I love Paul Brittons books, they are so interesting! I also like Torey Hayden and Mia Dolan. I love my non fiction books.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is/was your least fav.rock group? [ 15 Answers ]

Now this in cludes Boy Bands,Punk Rock And Girl Bands. Mine: E.L.O. Poison Zebra X.Y.Z Uriha Heep Styx Montrose Sammy Hagar

Who is/was your fav. Rock group [ 51 Answers ]

This Doesn't Enclude Boy Band Or Girl Bands. Mine: AC/DC The Doors Black Sabbath w/Ozzy Led Zepplin Rob Zombie Ted Nugent Cinderella Guns n Roses

Fav TV shows [ 20 Answers ]

Heya. I was just wondering- what are your favorite TV shows or they were your favorite but got cancelled? Laters :rolleyes:

Fav Holiday Destination [ 17 Answers ]

Ok all, Never started a thread like this and it has probably been done but just thought id ask. What is everyone's favourite holiday destination in the world. Ill start. Im from oz and it is long way to the travel anywhere but I've been lucky enough to do a bit. Mainly Europe and Asia.

View more questions Search