Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 12:31 PM
    SO, you think Americans want “change,” an “outsider,” the New Guard?
    What happened…Senators McCain and Clinton are Old Guard candidates. They are Washington incarnate. And they are winning.:D
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 12:33 PM
    At least Hilary did not win here in North Dakota. I have that to be thankful for and I am. One of the problems is that some people cannot think out of the box they put themselves in.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 12:39 PM
    DC I'm waiting for the tin-foil hat crowd to tell us that the media picked the candidate for us as if they followed the people into the voting booths.

I wonder how many more tears Evita has in her ducts . She seems to surge whenever she sheds them . I have talked to people in the military and they seem to admire the "maverick" aspects of McCain .

I think the reason the mainstream candidates are fairing well is because the left and right extreme has spent the last 8 years gnawing on the ankles of their opponents and their own. They have created litmus tests that even their own candidates can't measure up to.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 12:57 PM
    You pinned the tail on the Donkey, and Elephant Tom; how often does mainstream opinion reach the headlines or talk shows? We are fed extremism from both quarters.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
    I was listening to the news today ( OK, conservative talk radio) but they were saying that Obama won yesterday more than Hillary, both in number of states and in number of primiary votes.

But yes, I guess from what it looks a large number of people just want the things the same, guess we should have just let Bush run again.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I don't believe the Democrat contest is over. I think McCain has won the trust of a lot of people because he offered leadership for the mess in Iraq and he is being rewarded. Don't know if he can carry that successfully into the general election or not. It may depend upon what happens in Iraq and to our economy between now and then.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Well to an extent you will be getting change no matter what. Clinton is a women, Obama is a black man, and McCain has disagreed with and been critical of Bush in the past. Isn't that change?

To me judging by the candidates you have left it shows the people are looking for a change.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Another perspective about the Obama mantra, "Change": He will be the most surprised SOB in Washington if and when he tries to change something and the porkers tell him his legislation is 'Dead on arrival'. What on earth is he talking about, anyway? What is his position on reparations for blacks? Is that what he means by 'change'?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 09:05 PM
    If change comes in the form of forward progress, then that is the change that American's desire. McCain is likely to get the GOP nomination, and so he'll get first crack at the best advise.

Billary can cry all she wants but I don't think that makes her any more relevant. Obama has black heritage but he's about as non-black as they get, and that is so much a non-issue, with him or me.

Personally, I want not so much change as well guided leadership. Right now, it looks like McCain has the best options there. Many will disagree, if only because they have different media pounding them or they simply have a different perspective altogether.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    And they are winning.:D
    Hello DC:

Let's see, Rudy was winning for a while... Then I think Fred was winning...

Me? I don't know. I wouldn't be calling this race just yet. Winning ain't won.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Push comes to shove in the general election experience will beat out change easily .
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    push comes to shove in the general election experience will beat out change easily .
    Perhaps; but it didn't in Kennedy v Nixon, 1960
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Lol

Actually that's a pretty good example to follow if you consider that Obama has the support of the Daley machine also .
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Dark_crow asks: "SO, you think Americans want “change,” an “outsider,” the New Guard?"
    The GOP has answered this in the Negative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Americans and the British [ 7 Answers ]

Although the Americans and British both speak english, would anyone agree we speak a different language.

Is resentment against the Americans up or down [ 28 Answers ]

Everyone and their mother seem to have an idea about how well the “surge” is working; I think someone should ask the Iraqis what they think. I wonder how they would rate their personal security. Is resentment against the Americans up or down since the “surge” began? But on second thought,...

Illegal Americans [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Diego, I'm 18 years old and I live in Denver Colorado. I'm an Illegal immigrant of the united states, I crossed the border when I was nine, I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't have a choice. Over the time I forgot about my culture, and were I came from. I have become what I...

Racist Americans [ 122 Answers ]

----------THREAD IS SOLELY MEANT FOR INDIANS,ESPECIALLY in INDIA----- You know I just quit my job today, and I can't explain how relieved I feel about it.Used to work as a tech support in a BPO , outsourced in India with most customers calling from america .To a point where I realised that the...

View more questions Search