Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2004, 01:16 PM
    Spam Unsubscribe
    Oh joy! Another question about spam :P

My mates and I have different opinions on this, so I was wondering if someone could put my mind at rest.

Unsubscrive links on spam. Is clicking them a bad thing? Some of my mates say that by doing that you are telling the company that the email address is valid and they will continue to send you more. But my argument is that they know that the mail is valid when they don't get an error message returned from the email server telling them that the address is not in use.

Can anyone clear this up for me!
    pheniox_17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2004, 03:34 AM
    Re: Spam Unsubscribe
    Be very careful about spam if u didden regester to there site just block the e-mail address save hassels also most links will put a virous on your PC

Trust me it has happened to me because the link to unsurcribe is a nother link to there web site hope this helps
    loveland80537 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2004, 09:41 PM
    Spam Unsubscribe
    If you see what you know to be a spam email, delete it without opening it.

When you open it, the spammer on the other end knows it is a valid email address then sells your email address to others.

What a lot of people do is have different email addresses for different things: one for strictly personal use, one for business, one for newsletters, etc. That way your primary email address doesn't get full of spam.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Aug 11, 2004, 08:12 PM
    Re: Spam Unsubscribe
    What a lot of people do is have different email addresses for different things: one for strictly personal use, one for business, one for newsletters, etc. That way your primary email address doesn't get full of spam.
    Yep. This is definitely the thing to do. I get _no_ spam to my personal e-mail address, but it just piles up in the inbox of the address I use in forms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spam [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best program to prevent spam with OE?

Spam [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am working for a small ISP as Network engineer, we have setup like one Cisco Router , Public IP for WAN and Private IP for LAN. All my customers connected to my ROuter by Private IP's and my router doing NATing. The Problem is some of my customers can't able to send mails, they are...

Spam [ 1 Answers ]

From my email inbox I select a message from a sender I want to block. These messages go go a "blocked senders list". I keep getting the messages that I sent to that blocked senders list, so why do I keep getting them in emails?

Spam [ 1 Answers ]

How does spam work? How does a spam operator get his message to my email?

Spam [ 1 Answers ]

How does Spam work? How does a Spam opetrator get his advertising message to my email?

View more questions Search