Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAGNUM4574 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Stolen Truck
    My Fathers Truck Was Stolen 5 Month Back, Filed A Report Called Back 12 Time More The First Month And No Word, I Had A Phone Call From A Auto Place Stating That They Had The Truck That It Was Towed By The Same Police Department We Made The Report At, They Said That The Truck Was Never Reported Stolen And Now There Is A $2900 Fee To Ge The Truck Back What Should We Do?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
    Curious, how does one capatalize the first letter of each word. That must take a considerable amount of time.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2006, 09:55 AM
    I Think Its Done By Leaving Your Caps Lock On ;)

--------------------------------------------

UPDATE

YEP THAT'S IT AND THANKS THE GODS THAT THE SYSTEM CHANGES IT OR WE'D BE DEAF :):)

------------------------
    Update again
    Doesn't work when you edit. :(
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    Curious, how does one capatalize the first letter of each word. That must take a considerable amount of time.
    i've also wondered that too. Leaving capslock on doesn't seem to do it so the typer must be doing it manually. Why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Or quote ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Merely take a copy of the police report you got from the police and filed with your insurance company to prove you made the report.

Autos when they are stolen are recorded in the national data base (NCIC), if a report was done, it should have been put into the computer system.

Check with A Auto place on how they got the truck, where did it come from

Of course, even if the truck was reported stolen,you will have to pay any towing fees and/or storage fees of a vechile that is incured in recover of the vechile. This is normally only a few hundred dollars.

Also check to see if a misc report was made instead of a stolen vechile report. Also talk to the person you talked to on those 12 times, I will assuem you keep their names and date of calls. They should remember you. And you can check with the phone company to see if they can get you a record of your phone calls to prove you at least called them.

Getting an attorney may be needed if you don't have a lot of luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUM4574
    My Fathers Truck Was Stolen 5 Month Back, Filed A Report Called Back 12 Time More The First Month And No Word, I Had A Phone Call From A Auto Place Stating That They Had The Truck That It Was Towed By The Same Police Department We Made The Report At, They Said That The Truck Was Never Reported Stolen And Now There Is A $2900 Fee To Ge The Truck Back What Should We Do?
    There are specific instructions at the top of this forum that it is to be used to introduce yourself to the members, NOT for asking questions. The site is organized into forums and subforums with specific topics. Please find an appropriate forum and post your question there.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 18, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    i'VE ALSO WONDERED THAT TOO. LEAVING CAPSLOCK ON DOESN'T SEEM TO DO IT SO THE TYPER MUST BE DOING IT MANUALLY. wHY?
    I think the entire post has to be in all caps for it to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

Doxie JRT Cross very nearly stolen [ 1 Answers ]

Our pup, now 9 months old, likes to travel with us in our car. His digestive problems have settled down, making trips easier. Yesterday while he was alone in the car for a short time, a woman broke into our locked car and had removed him. Fortunately, she was discovered and her attempt to take him...

View more questions Search