Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    insaynestanger Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Internal hd converted to External HD - Cant see Partition
    Hello and Help! I have an internal hard drive that I have converted to an external usb drive. Everything is working fine and I can access the drive but the hard drive had a C and D drive before while in the computer. Now that I have converted it, I can only access files that were on the C drive and NOT the D. I stored most of my media, pictures, music.. etc.. On the D drive, so I would like to retrieve those. How can I access the other partition on the external drive?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Feb 7, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by insaynestanger
    Hello and Help! I have an internal hard drive that I have converted to an external usb drive. Everything is working fine and I can access the drive but the hard drive had a C and D drive before while in the computer. Now that I have converted it, I can only access files that were on the C drive and NOT the D. I stored most of my media, pictures, music..etc.. on the D drive, so I would like to retrieve those. How can I access the other partition on the external drive???? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
    Anyone have a clue on this? Thanks again!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:22 AM
    What drive letters do you currently have? You must another internal HD that currently has a C: (at least), so what drive letters does the external one show up as?

Feb 7, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    What drive letters do you currently have? You must another internal HD that currently has a C: (at least), so what drive letters does the external one show up as?
    Thanks for your reply! The Drive comes up as G drive. Doesn't show another partition on the drive. But I know it's there.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:35 AM
    I had that problem too once and it was because I was using a utility that blocked other drive letters from showing. Do you have another drive, CD or DVD, that is set to H:?

Feb 7, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I had that problem too once and it was because I was using a utility that blocked other drive letters from showing. Do you have another drive, CD or DVD, that is set to H:?

I have the local disk which is C, The HP recovery drive which is D, The external drive I'm having problems with which is G and the DVD/RW drive that is E. And that's all I have on here. I'm am running Vista if that makes any diffrence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internal and External environment of international business [ 2 Answers ]

Excellent global companies must take on inside – outside view of their internal and external environment. Discuss

Independence between internal & external auditors? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a difference in the concept of independence between the internal and external auditors? How does this impact the job of the forensic accountant.

Unable to access partition on external H/d [ 3 Answers ]

Would someone please assist me with remedying the following problem? I have a Maxtor 240 gb external drive, portioned into '3' sections labeled 'G', 'H' & 'I', each at approx. 80 gb, used to store family pictures, videos and audio books. I don't turn it on often, but did today, to move some...

External hard drive partition inaccessible [ 2 Answers ]

2 partitions on my external 120gb HD have become inaccessible. Their names now appear to be "Local Disk", and if you try to access them you get an error message. http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/11865/0/s.JPG The drives F and H in the picture above are the ones having the problem....

View more questions Search