Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Sewage Smell coming from bathroom sink
    We have a strong sewage smell coming from our bathroom sink.

Can you help?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 08:52 AM
    I found that when I cleaned out the drain (trap, and as far back into the wall as you can get) the smell went away. A yucky job for sure!

Good luck,
    Wally H.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 09:07 AM
    If its truly a sewage smell I'd say your trap has dried out. Most obnoxious odors from sinks are fermenting hair, skin cells and boby oil. Its you down inside the trap. Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with a same amount of table salt, dump in the drain and add a cup of vinegar and stand back. Tomorrow flush with a big bucket of very hot water, smells good doesn't it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell in Bathroom Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I get a sewage smell from bathroom sink when gas fire logs, the vented type, in fireplace are lite in the living room. Bathroom is on same floor. Thanks

Sewage smell in morning bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

There is a sewage smell in the bathroom sink after it sits especially in the morning:cool: :confused:

Sewage odor coming from bathroom sink only [ 1 Answers ]

We have a small 1/2 bathroom on the main floor of our house. We just started getting a sewage odor from the sink the last couple days. I pulled the drain stop out and pulled out hair, etc. I think I cleaned most of the stuff out. We just got a new washer and dryer and installed it downstairs about...

Smell coming up from bathroom sink. [ 1 Answers ]

Our bathroom sink smells like sewer when we run water down it. I know the trap is full because we use this sink every day. We have to keep the drain closed and run a sink full of water before we can open the drain and use the sink. What is causing this problem? Could our vent be plugged? It...

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

View more questions Search