Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmtwash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Bed bug infestation
    I am renting an apartment and it has bedbugs. My daughter is allergic to the bite and cannot sleep there. Who is responsible for there removal? I have contacted the landlord several times and I am told someone will get back to me. It has been a month since I first called. I live in Washington PA.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Check this: http://co.middlesex.nj.us/publicheal...ct%20sheet.pdf

And: NOTE: It is not advisable for homeowners to attempt to treat for bed bugs. Most of the necessary insecticides are only for sale to and use by professional pest-management companies. If homeowners try to control these bugs with over-the-counter products, the bed bugs likely will become dispersed, resulting in a more difficult treatment required at a later date.
    See: Bed Bugs - Penn State Entomology Department Fact Sheets

I would call my county health department. Washington County - Human Services
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
    There was an article about just how hard bedbugs were to get rid of. It involved washing everythng you own, clothes, bedding and have a professional company do the delousing. It can get expensive that's why the landlord is taking his sweet old time about this as well. Definitely keep after the landlord about this if they were in the apartment BEFORE you moved in as if they were not there but somehow in your travels you brought them home in your luggage from a trip to a hotel or motel, you may just have to pay for their removal yourself. The bedbugs can hide in bedding and crevices near beds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have Shingles or bed bug bites? [ 7 Answers ]

I noticed numerous little bites scattered mostly all over my back and all over in my armpits. I also have a few bites on my legs and arms as well, and have a little red lump/blemish under my left eye and near my right nipple that won't seem to go away. The bites are about 2-3 days old now, and...

Scar Tissues from bed bug bites [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Recently I was bitten numerous times by bed bugs and it caused me to have an allergic skin reaction. I had large red skin welts on my arms legs and back:confused: . Im pretty sure that it will leave a scar. Wondered what I could take to give me fast results on fading the scar tissue...

Bed bug bite marks [ 6 Answers ]

Before I knew it was bed bugs I thought I was sick so I have been scratching for sometime, now brown marks all over my body, will this go away and how long it will take , they look disgusting I can not even wear short sleeves any more.

Bed bug blotchy scars [ 3 Answers ]

Have bitten by bed bugs all over and now I have these darker marks, how can I get rid off these they make look dirty, I have heard of monobenzone would it work, the marks on my neck, torso, arms, legs

Massive bed bug bite cluster? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I recently moved into a room where the landlord "neglected" to tell me that they had bed bugs even though he knew before. I have been getting bitten maybe 3 times a night, and then last week I was bitten in a one inch patch of skin over 20 times... or so I though when I counted the little...

View more questions Search