Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angelluv1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Eviction law
    How can I evict a person as quick as possible they refuse to pay rent and damage the property
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Hello A:

At the top of the page we have all the states landlord tenant laws. Go find your state and read your law. It'll tell you exactly what you need to do.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2008, 09:59 AM
    You shouldn't have rented property without knowing the laws for your area.

Check the state laws as excon recommended. You can also check with your local court on the process.

Generally, you start with a pay or quit notice served on them. Generally you can give them 3-7 days (depending on yourt area). If they are still there after the time, you have to file a formal eviction with the court. This means scheduling a hearing. At the hearing, the court will order an eviction. You then take that eviciton order to a local sheriff to schedule a date to com and remove them.
    Stevienicks1985 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2008, 10:13 AM
    I just went through something similar. You need to as do just as the excon says find out the tenant laws that apply to your area. Whatever you do be as civil as you can and do not change the locks before you give the person an official date of eviction which gives them so many days to remove themselves and their belongings. As far as anything else goes you will most likely have to take them to court to sue them for the unpaid rent and damages.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 10:14 AM
    This can easily take 30 days start to finish. excon, when you said the laws were at the top of the page where were you directing us? Maybe I'm just missing the forest because of the trees.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2008, 11:11 AM
    {Moved from Other Law-<>}

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PA Eviction Law [ 4 Answers ]

Given an eviction, all complaints have been rectified within several days, including rent paid with late fee. I understand once the rent was accepted the eviction is off the table. Can the landlord lock the door preventing the tenant from getting in?

PA eviction law [ 1 Answers ]

The sheriff has served our tenant over 30 days ago an eviction notice, the tenants have done nothing, can we have them removed or what is our next step?

Eviction Law in Florida [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who live in an apartment in south Florida. The landlord is trying to get him out of the apartment but has not served him with eviction papers. They have however, turned off the utilities on him. As of right now he is without power and water. The utilities however are in the...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction Law? [ 8 Answers ]

I sold my property last month to someone and we had a written contract stating that I had 90 days from the time the papers were signed to stay there. After the 90 days however rent would start to apply. 2 days ago I was informed that he sold the property and this other person can move me out at...

View more questions Search