Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Windows 2000/2003 network
    On a Windows 2000/2003 network (Domain). The server is accessible to the workstation through network neighbourhood or UNC. But when I try to access the same workstation from the server, it gives error message.. Network Path was not found. Though the shared folders have been given permissions for <EVERYONE> to access. And same with security. The UNC path of this workstation is accessible from the same workstation. Can't get ahead of this issue
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 17, 2006, 11:39 PM
    Hmmmm how are you try to access the workstation ?
    Are you using \\workstation\share or by IP address ?
    Do you get the same message when you try \\workstation\c$ (admin share) ?
    Have you checked your DNS to make sure its running correctly ?
    Does the workstation have a firewall running ?
    Is the workstation correctly on the domain ?

Hope this gives you some ideas to work with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up Windows Server 2003 [ 6 Answers ]

Okay I have a few questions. First is my Cable ISP gives me a Dynamic IP Address. But I would like to set up a home net work with Windows 2003 server. I would like to physically set it up this way. Modem to Router with DHCP turned off on the router, then router to server with DHCP, then...

Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003: email addresses resolves very slowly [ 2 Answers ]

This is happeneing only to one particular user who received a new computer. When she start a new message and types in the person's name she uses the "Check name" button to resolve the name from the Global Address List. Outlook hangs for about a minute (it's supposed to be instantaneous) then the...

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

Exporting Mail from Outlook 2003 to 2000 [ 9 Answers ]

I have been strugggling with this (what I feel should be simple and probably is) problem for two days now and its driving me up the wall so could some kindly soul please help!! I need to export all my saved e-mails (in various sub-folders within the INBOX) from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 on my...

Access 2000 to 2003 conversions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if you convert Acess 2000 to Access 2003 that it will corrupt or change files at all. I have not found anything signifying that it does anywhere else, but a little reassurance would be nice. Thank you, Jared

View more questions Search