Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prettymonkey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Multiple positive ovulation test results
    Hello! This is my first post :)!

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I've had 5 positive ovulation test results over the last five days :eek: . What could this possibly mean?

Thank you.
    gooner28 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
    A lot can depend on the time of day you are testing but I would say you are ovulating although I am no doctor, so get busy and good luck
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Feb 20, 2008, 08:32 PM
    I don't want to get your hopes up however... I have a 6-month old and I kept getting positive ovulation tests & come to find out I was pregnant. Take a pregnancy test in about a week. Good luck!!
    chyify Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 04:39 AM
    How many days should I expect positive results ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chyify View Post
    how many days should i expect positive results ?
    You may have it just one day, you may have it for a few. When you first notice the positive, expect ovulation within the next few days. Could be very soon after you get the positive, might be in the next day or two. Since it may happen very soon after the positive, a couple should start trying as soon as possible and continue for the next several days.

Ideally, the tests are used for a few months and a pattern is revealed. Then the couple can actually start trying several days before they think ovulation will occur and right through suspected ovulation. This allows for the best chance of success.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Aug 4, 2010, 06:30 AM

I also don't want to get your hopes up but I also keept getting positves and I found out I was pregnant
    ginattc Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 02:11 AM
    Hi, this is my first post... in nov 2010 I had 10 days staright of pos ovulation tests and 2 weeks later found out I was pregnant. I lost it 2 weeks after I found out. It resulted in a d n c and 6 weeks later I still have had a period and today is the 10th day of positive ovulation tests... ccould I be pregnant again? I did a HPT and it was negative but last time I waited 2 weeks. Could this be the case this time?
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginattc View Post
    hi, this is my first post...in nov 2010 i had 10 days staright of pos ovulation tests and 2 weeks later found out i was pregnant. i lost it 2 weeks after i found out. It resulted in a d n c and 6 weeks later i still have had a period and today is the 10th day of positive ovulation tests....ccould i be pregnant again?? i did a HPT and it was negative but last time i waited 2 weeks. could this be the case this time?

What are you seeing on the ovulation test strip? Is a line coming up every time? Is it lighter than the control line, as dark as it, or darker than the control line? Are your periods normally very regular or do they tend to be more irregular?
    Pregnancy is a possibility but there can be other reasons as well.

Feb 18, 2011, 06:38 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Hi, well before I fell pregnant they came every month but not on the same day, so I didn't really know when to do the OPKs, when I did it the test line was as dark as the control line, then they got darker over the days... this time is the same, in the few months before I fell pregnant I was doing the OPKs and they were negative so I knew the difference and I had the leaflett to compare it too.. there is no doubt in my mind they are positive... one day could be the same colour, other days it could be darker. But when they dry some are still darker and some are lighter, I don't really worry cause within the 5 minutes time line they day to read the result it is always as dark as or darker than the control line

Feb 18, 2011, 06:42 AM
    Thank you to all that answered my question, I appreciaite the info and try not get my hopes up but as many or all of you will know that is hard when you want a baby so bad... good luck to all of you and I look forward to discussing this more..

Feb 18, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Prettymonkey, I too don't want to get your hopes up but I had positive OPTs then found out I was pregnant, this time I hope it's the same.. good luck
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginattc View Post
    thank u to all that answered my question, i appreciaite the info and try not get my hopes up but as many or all of u will know that is hard when u want a baby so bad...good luck to all of u and i look forward to discussing this more..
    It is impossible not to get your hopes up... :) It will vary as to when periods will return after a D&C... average is about 6-8 weeks, but of course ovulation most often happens prior to seeing your period again, so pregnancy is possible even without having periods resume.

I'd give it another week or so and see what happens. If you want, test once each week (I know it would be difficult not to), or you can wait until after about 10 weeks post D&C and test at that time if still no period.

Feb 18, 2011, 03:48 PM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    How much more fertile am I after a d n c anyway, I've heard many things,, like I have the same chance as I did before,, that my chances are higher cause my HcG levels are 0 and that my body will recognise the egg easier and hold it cause I've recenlty been pregnant, ill test again after12 and see what it says then
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 03:58 PM

You will find it both ways. Some women find they become pregnant fairly soon afterwards, others will find it takes quite some time for their bodies to get back to normal.

Your hcg levels going down wouldn't be a cause when you consider they are down every cycle that you don't become pregnant anyway. One thought is that since your body has recently been pregnant, it will somehow know to repeat the process more easily, but again it can happen where a couple has a child, or several, and then finds it difficult to become pregnant again. This is referred to as secondary infertility.

Often there is no rhyme or reason.
    elytucker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Hi nsaring the question about the positive ovulation strips , ave stopt my pills 20 days a go , had copple of days piried then for the past 7 days the ovulation strips have bin positive,. and a feel a funny taste in ma mouth like if a had pins and needles in ma tungh
    jonah2326 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 04:23 AM
    Hi I need some help please.iv been having positive ovulation tests now for 7 days in a room row.. my monthly period isn't due till next week.. iv been having period pains and aching. Tummy... could this mean I'm pregnant? X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show? [ 15 Answers ]

I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an...

Repeated Positive Ovulation Tests [ 8 Answers ]

Here I am again - the ongoing sagga of trying to get pregnant again:) My question is about ovulation. I am on my third round of Clomid - & I have taken the at home ovulation tests & have gotten a positive result for the last 5 days. I called my doctor & they want me to come in and have some...

No ovulation and positive hpt? [ 23 Answers ]

:confused: I have been trying to conceive since the beginning of the year with no success. I had found out the one of my tubes are blocked but the other is OK. I took my first round of Clomid 50mg this month then had a blood test to see if I ovulated. The progesterone test showed that I didn't...

Positive results and all of the signs [ 7 Answers ]

Okay you may remember me posting about maybe being pregnant a last week. So I decided to take a test because I was 3 or 4 days late on my period. I grabbed a test from rite aid (it was their brand). I decided to use a container and dip the stick in there and on the box it says read results in 2...

View more questions Search