Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2006, 03:29 PM
    France-US citizenship
    I am a French citizen living in the US . I have been here since I was 6yrs old.Iam married to a US citizen and work as a master plumber here. Iam trying to get info on how to get dual citizensip with the US and France
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2006, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Loic
    I am a French citizen living in the US . I have been here since I was 6yrs old.Iam married to a US citizen and work as a master plumber here. Iam tring to get info on how to get dual citizensip with the US and France
    The Member Discussions subforum is for discussion among members, not for general questions. Its usually best to post under a subforum apporpaite to your question. There is an Immigration Law subforum in the Travel forum here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167

That would be an appropriate place to post.
    flashbakx Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Have a look at this
    http://www.richw.org/dualcit/
    Catseyes Posts: 51, Reputation: 5

Mar 27, 2006, 11:32 AM
    Hi Loïc,

( My name's Sophie and I'm French living in the US too ).

Of course you can get dual citizenship.
    French citizenship can not be revoked.
    How long have you been married to your USC wife ? => you can get a GC through her after about a year, and US citizenship after about 3.

You mentioned you arrived in the US when you were 6, so I guess you already are a LPR.
    A LPR can apply for USC usually after 5 years.

Take a look at:
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/guide.htm

Hope this helps !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US-France Dual Citizenship [ 36 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old US citizen who reads, writes, and speaks French. My mother was born in France and moved to the US as a little girl. Her mother is French and her father is American. My father is American as well. She has dual citizenship. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to also get...

Travel between us and france [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the law on a french citizen visiting the us (for 3 months) then returning to France. How long before he can return to the US? And what is the best option for him to be able to travel freely to both countries? Is it a visa and how does one go about obtaining one... ...

Dual Citizenship US-France [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get French citizenship? I am a U.S. citizen. I want dual citizenship. I was born in Paris, France. I am under 18 years old. I live in the USA. My parents were born in Cambodia. They were naturalized in the USA.

France [ 1 Answers ]

The number of republics France has had?

I'd like to move to england or france [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any good books and/or websites that have really good information about the inticacies of moving to either england or france and buying a home? :-/

View more questions Search