Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Law regarding Assignment of Debt
    I am in Oklahoma - and am working on a summons from a JDB. I found this statute - does this mean that the JDB must provide to me proof of assignment from the OC to pay them any settlement? Thanks!

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
    Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
    Article 3 - Loans
    Section 3-406 - Notice of Assignment
    Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

The debtor is authorized to pay the original lender until he receives notification of assignment of rights to payment pursuant to a consumer loan and that payment is to be made to the assignee. A notification which does not reasonably identify the rights assigned is ineffective. If requested by the debtor, the assignee must seasonably furnish reasonable proof that the assignment has been made and unless he does so the debtor may pay the original lender.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Yes, the plaintiff in a suit has to verify that the debt is yours and that they are entitled to collect it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any case law pertaining to FL SOL on CC debt? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm representing myself in court soon due to being sued for a past credit card. I'll be using the SOL defense and have already filed the appropriate papers with the court. My question: Is there any case law out there that shows the Florida SOL is indeed four years for credit card...

Law rlative to debt validation [ 1 Answers ]

We received copies of our credit reports. While reviewing I noticed that the same CA had listed the same debt 4 times (one right after the other) they had just changed their internal account #. I sent a letter to the CA requestion validation of the debt. In addition, I mentioned that I found it...

Kansas state law about debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Federal Law states they have 4 years to collect an outstanding debt. What about the Kansas state law? How long do the collector have for collecting an outstanding debt. I can't recollect all my old debt some debts are like from 1995, 1996.

Credit card debt law suites [ 2 Answers ]

A credit card company is about to sue me for not fulfilling my obligations to them. I want to know what cane I do to avod this. Plus I want to pay them but I can pay them something but to company that purchased the debt said that it is too late to make payment arrangements

Tax Law, reducing taxpayers IRS debt [ 3 Answers ]

How does it work a company says they can reduce your IRS debt to pennies on the dollar. What connection do they have with the IRS that they can cut a deal when they won't even give the average taxpayer the time of day. What % does the law firm keep for their fee?

View more questions Search