Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mable Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Eviction of family member
    How do I evict a family member that has their family living in my home? They pay no rent or bills and are trashing my home.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Eviction is the smartest way to go since they don't pay rent. As long as the son is over 18 then he can live elsewhere with his family. You don't have to keep letting them live there and mooch off you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 08:57 PM
    A lot can depend on the area, and if they ever paid anything toward rent or bills. But personally, I would just throw them out, change the locks when they were gone, and set those clothes on the porch, but then I would never allow my kids to disrespect me in my home.

You can file for eviction in court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2008, 09:01 PM
    If they have established any sort of official residenct, then you have to go through a formal eviction. First you give them a vacate notice. If they don't leave then you have to file in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction of family member [ 1 Answers ]

My 21 year old daughter is continuously stealing from me, and admitting people into my property through her bedroom window. The police tell me that without an eviction notice, I cannot throw her out. She has been diagnosed with asbergers( a high fuctioning autistic disorder) and is presently...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Eviction of family member [ 2 Answers ]

I have a nephew who has lived his whole life in my house. A few years ago he asked to move into the basement apt, agreeing to help with the bills by paying a certain amount monthly (no written agreement). He moved his girlfriend in about 1 year after moving downstairs, things were fine until...

Family Member Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I have POA for my grandfathers affairs. I also have taken over ownership and the mortgage for his home which all my siblings grew up in. My younger brother has lived in the home for quite some time, but has never paid rent or any utilities, just taking care of our grandfather. He has...

Eviction of a family member [ 3 Answers ]

My sister has her granddaughter living in her home rent free. She has three children and wants all of them to vacant her home. Since she is not paying rent, she cannot be legally evicted. What other course of action can she take.

View more questions Search