Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kreuzie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Trane XE80
    My 10 year old Trane XE80 in my woodworking shop lately cannot put out enough heat to satisfy the thermostat, which yesterday was set at 72 degrees on a 37 degree day. The steel building is completely insulated, and this has never happened before at this outside temperature.

The furnace seems to function properly; it ignites, preheats, and the blower kicks in, but the output air does not seem as warm as in the past. The inside temperature would not go above 67 degrees, and the furnace ran constantly for seven hours.

Any ideas?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 4, 2008, 02:00 PM
    The burners and orifices are probably restricted for all the wood dust. Do you know the hazards of running a gas furnace in a wood shop?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor of Trane XE80 furnace won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE80 gas furnace. The purge motor and burner go on, but main motor won't run. LED flashing light flashes continuously when burner is on however, when the burner shuts off, the LED light flashes 4 times at an interval. I tried to look for a reset button on the main blower motor but...

Trane XE80 Won't ignite [ 4 Answers ]

My thermostat calls for heat, but the blower just comes on and blows air. No heat until I go down and manually restart the furnace. Any suggestions?

Trane XE80 Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat calls for heat, but the blower just comes on and blows air. No heat until I go down and manually restart the furnace. Any suggestions?

Trane XE80 Control Board / Booster Fan Questions [ 4 Answers ]

The blower on my parents Trane XE80 gas furnace stopped working this weekend and a local HVAC company diagnosed the problem as a bad control board. The technician didn't have a board on his truck so he temporarily bypassed the control board and wired the fan to stay on 100% of the time until he...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

View more questions Search