Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RandyT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Hamptombay: clips that hold glass shades.
    We have 4 Hamptonbay ceiling fans installed in our home. They are all the same and everyone has a broken metal clip that holds the glass shade on. Most light kits have 3 screws that hold the glass on. Not Hamptonbay!

Has anyone cameup with a fix for this problem?

Randy
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Try the following websites, both have phone numbers that should be able to help you.

http://www.kingoffans.com/Support.htm

http://www.eceilingfans.com/hampton_...ling_fans.html
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2006, 04:57 PM
    The fix is to replace them with a better quality fan. Hunter is a decent product for the price. But I do understand that money is always an issue. One option if you can swing it is to purchase a duplicate fan, swap out the parts you need, and return it (make sure you have your receipt for cash back and make sure they lable it defective those buggers will have it back on the shelf before you can get out the door)).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Douglas Alustra Silhouette Shades ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Hunter Douglas Alustra Silhouette Shades (and yes, I've checked the hunter douglas website first). The shades I have are large... about 5 feet across. Over the years small particles of dust (and a few itsy bitsy dead insects) have settled in the middle of the blinds/shades (the outside of...

How many shades and how fast [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For those who used whiterskin complex, how many shades did you get from it and do you compliment it with some other cream or not. Also how fast did it work, I'm still waiting for my order. Thanks Also, thank you AskMeHelpdesk and all who contribute to having this forum.it is a pretty good...

How do I get clips from my DVD? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am having trouble in getiing clips from my DVD - I want to make fan videos in Windows Movie Maker, but I'm not sure how to get the clips. I have downloaded several DVD converters, but when I try to convert it to JPEG for example, it disallows it due to copyright laws. Do I need to rip the...

Have to hold Shift key [ 2 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page, and also in an email message, I have to hold down the Shift key and Enter key at the same time. This just started a little while ago. Is there someway I can reset or change it so all I have to do is hit the Enter key again? Thanks, Jim

Video clips [ 1 Answers ]

How to post the video clips and let the people download it, my video clips is using the mpg extension, please leave me some html code, thks.

View more questions Search