Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    familyman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Housing Question
    A new child support law became in effect in TN in October 2004, where child support is to be determined by shared income. I filed for divorce in May 2004 but continued to live in the house until March 2005 at which time my wife set child support on me for which I did not have a problem, but the new child support was not used which made my obligation more.

The divorce was stopped in May 2005 and I move back into the house in August 2005 but continued to have the child support taken out of my check to reduce any friction that my come about while we were trying to work things back out. On January 1, 2006, after another night of her all night excursions, she asked me to move out. She then recently sent me a certified letter asking me to be out of the house by February 17, 2006.

Question:
    1. Legally, do I have to move out as she requested?
    2. Should child support have been set using the shared income effective 10/2004?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 05:56 AM
    Divorce
    How is the house titled? Do you own the property? Are you renting, if so who's name is on the lease? These are only a few of the legal questions you must decide. Are you still married?

Jan 17, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Housing Question
    We own the house and is in both of our names. We are still married.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Housing
    It is a sticky area, since you both own the home, you do not have to move out. This may cause some friction, but you have the same right to the home as she does. All of this will depend on what you want to do. Best of luck to you and whatever you decide.

Jan 17, 2006, 06:47 AM
    Housing
    Thank you for your quick and fair response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair Housing in Arizona for ex-convicts? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what can be done to help those who have past criminal records to find housing without being discriminated against. Does Arizona have any laws that protect ex-convicts against discrimination for housing needs? What about the Privacy Act or Fair Housing Act?

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Housing Bubble-when will it burst? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone have a year or date that the housing market will collapse and come crashing down faster than anyone can imagine? What will this do to our economy? Have read lots of different points of view and the one that stood out the most was when the housing market starts to crumble when it's over we...

View more questions Search