happyd74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 05:44 AM
    virtual memory
    What is vertual memory what do I do when it is full

>Moved to computer board<
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Virtual memory is space on your hard drive used to supplement your RAM. You can increase the amount allocated for virtual memory. You can also close some of the running programs or get more RAM.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 07:37 AM
    If you are interested Virtual memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another source Howstuffworks "How Virtual Memory Works"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

His Ex and his memory [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé of over 3 years constantly says... "remember when we did "such and such"......and I will say......."It WASN'T with me".... I constantly confuses, forgets? Who he did what with. In the first year - maybe - I could be a little more tolerable - but after this long? Does he still...

Vertual memory [ 5 Answers ]

Hi can any anyone explain to me what vertual memory is on you PC and what to do when it tells you that its full or low on memory Thanks

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

Not enough memory [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, sometimes when I attempt to connect to a web site, doesn't matter which one, I get a message that says not enough memory to run this program close one or more programs. If I do C/A/D to see what is running, the normal stuff is there and then Webshots, webshots all the way down the little...

View more questions Search