Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rufus Dugo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 03:25 AM
    State Funerals for Homeless or insolvent people
    Where do I go to enquire in New south Wales (Australia) about a state funeral for someone I know who is dying of cancer but who has no money or estate to pay for his funeral. He has only about two months left to live. Thanks for your help.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 03:44 AM
    Hi Rufus,

I am so glad this person has you in their life and will keep them in my thoughts and prayers as well as you.

I am from America, so I truly don't wouldn't know. But I did a little research, and there is a lovely chapel in Sydney, that houses and cares for the homeless. I am including the link. It is called the Wayside Chapel. It may not be near you, but perhaps you could give them a call.

I am thinking that sadly, they have come across this very situation and may be of help to you.

May your friend have peace and comfort soon and Bless you for taking care of them.

I wish you all the best.

The Wayside Chapel
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Feb 4, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Indigenous Homelessness
    Within Australia

-The Commonwealth Advisory Committee on Homelessness

-Australian Government Department of Families,
    -Community Services and Indigenous Affairs

-National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
    Homelessness Consultations

Here are some organizations that may be of help to you my love. I am a Director and most funeral homes would have some info on assistance funerals as well. Go to one that is less busy they would have the time to sit down with you and talk.
    Good luck God bless you and your kind soul.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No will, No executor, Insolvent estate [ 1 Answers ]

My sister just passed away this May. She was not married and had no children. She did leave behind a lot of credit card debt. The debt is soooo much that we (the sisters and brother) cannot pay for it. There is no executor and no one wants to take on that responsibility for fear of the...

Funerals, making society soft? (discussion) [ 13 Answers ]

My grandmother died a couple months ago. It was pretty hard. And it got even harder when I started thinking about Heaven and Hell. My grandmother was a sweet old lady, and went to church occasionally, but really didn't have a strong relationship with God. And that got me thinking... If the only way...

Toddlers and Funerals [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers father in law passed away in a traffic accident last night. He and his wife have a 3 year old girl. My brother is torn between wanting to go along with his wife and mother in laws wishes about having his daughter present for ALL aspects of the preparations, visitations and the funeral,...

Protesting at Military Funerals? [ 15 Answers ]

What does everyone think about protesting at Military Funerals? I think it is wrong to do this, even though I am against the war. I do believe in freedom of speech, but I think morally people should leave these families to grieve the loss of their loved one. After all they died fighting for our...

Children and funerals [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother, with whom my childeren ages 13 and 8 were very close to just passed away after being ill for the past 3 months. My dilema is we were taking the children to the funeral but NOT the wake. Now, my husbands family is making us feel bad. They thought the children would be...

View more questions Search