Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:49 PM
    OK ladies, here's a question
    Here's a question for you. What are your opinions on getting the flu shot while pregnant. My sister just got one, she's about a month farther along then me. Her doctor suggested she get it. I have always been told that getting the flu shot while pregnant is dangerous.After looking it up on Google, most people seem to say they suggest you get it.though some also say definitely no, as it leads to major health risks with the babies, which is the line of thinking with me and hubby. SO, I decided to ask your opinions on the matter. I'm trying to decide if I should get one or not. I have asthma, so I know I am usually on the "risk list" but I just don't know that I trust getting the flu shot while pregnant?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 09:05 PM
    I had one, and I'm fine. That's all I know. My doctor told me it was safe.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Did you get sick?
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 4, 2008, 10:42 AM
    I asked my doctor about getting one and she didn't seem to act like it was important for me to get one. At the time I was broken out in the pregnancy rash so she told me to definitely not get a flu shot until everything was cleared up and my immune system was at its best. She said that once my immune system was back to normal I could get a flu shot if I felt it was needed. I ended up never getting one because I was fearful of what side effects it might cause.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Yeah, I think that is the course I will take as well. I don't want to get really sick, but I just don't trust getting the flu shot while pregnant. I was told to absoluetly not get the flu shot while breastfeeding, and while pregnant too with my first son, and they never mentioned it with my second, but I do remember when I was going in for a flu shot one year, and I was late, didn't know if I was pregnant, and they had me take a test, because if I was(which I wasnt) they didn't want me to take it if pregnant. Sooo I just err on the side of better safe then sorry.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 10:05 PM
    I never got sick. I never even had a single side effect. But I was heading into prime flu season, so she wanted to be safe.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2008, 12:04 PM
    I just had the flu shot like a 2 moths ago and everything is still good with me and the baby
    blk_beauty Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I was pregnant twice, I have three healthy boys(twins). I have never gotten the shot while pregnant. My twins were 7lbs. And 7lbs. 2oz. My other son was 8lbs. Now you did say you had asthma? So that is a thought, but you do what you think is best for you and your unborn. When you find out let me know what your having. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here's the whole story, what do you think? [ 25 Answers ]

Here's the whole story... I was strongly "encouraged" to marry a man I had only known for 2 weeks by my parents when I was only 16 and so I did. Shortly after marrying him I found out from his family that he had been convicted of molesting a 4yo little boy and that was just not the sort of...

Losing weight here's why [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning a huge move 12 hrs away I have never been lived anywhere else my panic attacks are real bad but now? OMG I have diahreah they call it nervous stomach well for 2 weeks now I leave next week. I lost like 10 lbs and can't afford to lose one! I eat and BAM into the bathroom. WHAT can I...

Here's a tricky [ 3 Answers ]

o.k so I am trying to get preggy sense end of dec. 2006 3 months , so I have gained some weight recently has noyhing to do with pregnancy , but could that hurt me getting pregnant , also what do you think about women's one a day vitamin , seeing I am 24 do you think it helps you concive , I am...

Ok here's another one! [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you for relpying to my questions! But most people say it's like an explosion, and some people say I'll get all shakie, and my muscles will tighting up? Is this all true? In your opinions what would you say it feels like? For a female to orgasm?

Question for the Ladies - please read [ 28 Answers ]

Is it possible for a woman to suddenly end a happy, caring, satisfying relationship with a man due to work/study/family stress? If so, could the woman in question decide to return when things are settled and more calm? Thanks for reading this. Please give me some answers.

View more questions Search