Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetStuff19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 11:06 PM
    ~*please Read*~
    Hey you. I know that this is proably asked a lot and I know that you aren't doctors and can't for sure tell me.. but I'm only 17 and I'm scared. I've been having sex with my boyfriend and I was worried that I was pregnant from having some of the symptoms, o and I'm an idiot because we never use protection. So last night when I thought I had my period I was happy, but it was very light, and it was only light pinkish and brown spotting and only saw when I used the r/r, so that got me even more scared cause I know that's a sign of implantation bleeding, but then the next day(today) it was a little heavier, but not by much, but it was a deeper red. But since that was kind of like having a period even though mine are usually pretty heavy, I guess I was just wondering if that happens with anyone else when theyr'e having their period. Because I have never gotten the spotting before. I am so sorry for bit being so long, but thanks to anyone who responds!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:28 AM
    No protection
    Hi,
    You really, really, really need to see a doctor.
    No protection in sex can lead to possibly serious diseases, and some not so serious.
    Even with protection, it is not a 100% guarantee against diseases and pregnancy. Condom and pill manufacturers' will tell you that.
    I am sure others will answer you, in regards to the symptoms you are having, but I really suggest seeing a doctor. You never know who your boyfriend has had sex with before, if he has.
    I do hope everything is OK.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Health department
    At least in this area there are health departments and many women's groups that offer clinics that do testing, not only for being pregnant but also for a entire range of sexual transmitted illness ( even a larger worry than a baby comming)

Now you know why you should not be having unprotected sex, never do it until you are wanting a baby and then know the partner not transmitting any disease.

Not the fairly tale role the movies show.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:38 AM
    I have been pregnant before I was only just 18yrs old. Unfortunately we were only using condoms (I was not on the pill) the condm spli as a result pregnant. At the time I was so young and believed my ex that there was no other choice but to abort it. Being older now I would do things so differently.

What your describing may not mean you are pregnant but if you have never had problems before then perhaps you should do a home pregnancy test with a friend if you are too scared to go to the docs. That what I did. Then I told my boyfriend and then together we told my parents and then his. Then you can go from there.

Pease please note in furture to use protection. Make an appoinment to get the Pill. It's really important. I am so careful these days - but only because I made the mistake and learnt from it. Please let us know what happens and keep me posted. If you want to chat on a more private level feel free to private messge me.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetStuff19
    Hey yall. I know that this is proably asked alot and I know that yall aren't doctors and can't for sure tell me..but I'm only 17 and I'm scared. I've been having sex with my boyfriend and I was worried that I was pregnant from having some of the symptoms, o and im an idiot because we never use protection. So last night when I thought I had my period I was happy, but it was very light, and it was only light pinkish and brown spotting and only saw when I used the r/r, so that got me even more scared cause I know thats a sign of implantation bleeding, but then the next day(today) it was a lil heavier, but not by much, but it was a deeper red. But since that was kinda like having a period even though mine are usually pretty heavy, I guess I was just wondering if that happens with anyone else when theyr'e having their period. because I have never gotten the spotting b4. I am so sorry for bit bein so long, but thanx to anyone who responds!
    First, welcome to the forum.
    Second, see a doctor - scared or not, you need to also find out if you did not catch any disease from this guy. Third, I'd drop him, since he did not respect you enough to use a condom, and who knows how much experience he's had.. I hope that everything works out, one way or the other, depending on your choice, but also hope you've learned your lesson without having to pay for it for the rest of your life. Sex can be a wonderful thing if we take it on responsibly, especially with all the diseases you can get. Please take good care of your body as it's the only one you have, and men should respect your wish for being safe.

Wish you all the best, and please keep us posted.

The word boyfriend is written together for a reason, and a 'friend' should show respect, if not he's just a selfish 'boy'.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 18, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Protecting Yourself
    Hi,
    I was wondering how did you engage in sex without precaution when you are only 17 years. You are living in an era of unknown and drastic diseases. You should have taken care of yourself before committing unprotected sex with a boyfriemd.
    However what ever happened is happened. Now try to find out the right way to get out from trouble. There are plenty of clinics and you can get it checked. I don't think you are pregnant but it is possible as well. Go and see a good doctor and let her find out what is it. It could be some sort of infection. No need of getting nervous now. Get one of your closest friends go to your nearest clinic and get the experts opinion as quick as possible.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 18, 2006, 06:47 AM
    I agree about going to a doctor. Please don't refer to yourself as an idiot.
    DeeDi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 08:20 PM
    Confused!!
    Hello everyone, I have been on-line for 3 days now trying to find some answers. In hearing everyone's stories some things are clear. I am trying to determine if I am experiencing implantation bleeding or am I pregnant. I am 32 yrs old. I have been trying for a year now to get Pregnant. In Aug I started my period on 8-10 lasting 5 days. One night I experienced cramping and immediately became nausious with the cramping and around 8-25 I started bleeding again lightly I was nervous so I went to the hospital and they told me the test was negative and they did not see anything wrong it could have been old blood from my period since it wasn't much bleeding. In Septemeber I took a HPT and it was Neg. Since then I have been getting what I think is a period every month so I didn't think anything of it. It is now Jan and I have noticed that not only have I gained weight but my stomach is growing and I have a line down my stomach that wasn't there before. I haven't experienced having sore BB's or anything at one point I was very tired napping when I came home from work, lots of gassy like feelings and like stomach growls and now I am having trouble sleeping at night. I did make an appt to see my GYN tomorrow. I have two other children and I have never experiebced this before. Could I be pregnant?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
    I did the same thing not to long ago and my dr. said that it might be a thyroid problem. In the future I hope that this scare helps you remember that it's not only you that you need to worry about with std's it your future children too. Most std's can cause birth defects and even stillbirths and miscarrages. The worst might even make you sterile. That's not even mentioning aids or hep. Please be more careful in the future.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDi
    Hello everyone, I have been on-line for 3 days now trying to find some answers. In hearing everyones stories some things are clear. I am trying to determine if I am experiencing implantation bleeding or am I pregnant. I am 32 yrs old. I have been trying for a year now to get Preg. In Aug I started my period on 8-10 lasting 5 days. One night I experienced cramping and immediately became nausious with the cramping and around 8-25 I started bleeding again lightly I was nervous so I went to the hospital and they told me the test was negative and they did not see anything wrong it could have been old blood from my period since it wasn't much bleeding. In Septemeber I took a HPT and it was Neg. Since then I have been getting what I think is a period every month so I didn't think anything of it. It is now Jan and I have noticed that not only have I gained weight but my stomach is growing and I have a line down my stomach that wasn't there before. I haven't experienced having sore BB's or anything at one point I was very tired napping when I came home from work, lots of gassy like feelings and like stomach growls and now I am having trouble sleeping at night. i did make an appt to see my GYN tommorrow. I have two other children and I have never experiebced this before. Could I be pregnant?
    Hi DeeDi, welcome to the forum. Please, since your body is the only one you'll have, start listening to it and by all means - when in doubt -see your doctor (that's the golden rule for us women). You might not have the same symptoms as you other pregnancies as each one is different so check out some of the sites I listed on this thread - they'll help you too. But you really should have seen a doc already due to risk of infections and a toxoplasmosis test with all the pets in the neighborhood or maybe even at home. The safer you are, the better for you and your family. Some ladies are lucky and don't get morning sickness, but there is a risk of ectopic pregnancy and/or other serious things wrong and you don't want to take any chances. Hope your visit comes out OK, and please keep us posted. I just noticed that the links are not on this thread, so I will add them for all here, just in case:
    Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to
    Reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102
    Scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise,
    Dangers, etc.

http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html

www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or
    'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a
    Good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the
    Articles are printable in PDF format.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Wishing you and yours all the best of health.
    SweetStuff19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Hey
    Hey you, sorry I haven't been on, seriously thanks though for all the replys. But I did test and it was negative. so I mean that's good. And thanks for you being worried about me, but I was his first and we are actually really good friends. And I've only been w/ one other besides him. We did use a condom the first couple times and he said he doesn't like how they feel, so... yea I don't know. Well I know I should probably still have him wear one. But again thanks, and hopefully I won't have to be on here again for more advice!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetStuff19
    hey yall, sorry I havent been on, seriously thanks though for all the replys. But I did test and it was neg., so I mean thats good. And thanks for yall bein worried about me, but I was his first and we are actually really good friends. And I've only been w/ one other besides him. We did use a condom the first couple times and he said he doesn't like how they feel, so....yea idk. Well I know I should probably still have him wear one. But again thanks, and hopefully I won't have to be on here again for more advice!
    Glad things worked out, but still think 'safety first' from now on, OK?
    Also, check out some of the other posts and see if you can give someone else some good advice too, please stay on.

It's always nice to have new people here.

Again, all the best.

nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 19, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Shaved, Im just wondering why you disagree with me on my post. She called herself an idiot and I was just telling her not to call herself that. Its your business but I just think it not something to disagree on.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAVED
    Hi,
    I was wondering how did you engage in sex without precaution when you are only 17 years. You are living in an era of unknown and drastic diseases. You should have taken care of yourself before committing unprotected sex with a boyfriemd.
    However what ever happened is happened. Now try to find out the right way to get out from trouble. There are plenty of clinics and you can get it checked. I dont think you are pregnant but it is possible as well. Go and see a good doctor and let her find out what is it. It could be some sort of infection. No need of getting nervous now. Get one of your closest friends go to your nearest clinic and get the experts opinion as quick as possible.
    We do not have the right to judge someone for doing something that they did. If you go back to that age and think of the many things you probably did and thought you knew everything, you probably did not let others tell you different either. The only thing we can do is hope things work out well and give the best advice we can - we are not the parents of these young people. Please choose your advice and/or statements with a little more care. Thanks.

Many of us parents wish we could 'lock up' our kids until they are at least 30, but we must also face reality of this era, peer pressure, and society today and just wish our kids get better educated.

Have a good one!

Cats and kids are curious and it's all natural.
    And both are prone to make their own mistakes.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:35 PM
    I was wondering how did you engage in sex without precaution when you are only 17 years.
    Ok, let me try and explain this to you.

When 2 individuals choose to, they can have sex. Sex is how mommies and daddies have babies.

Most people do not engage in this sex until they are 15. However, it is possible to engage in sex before one turns 15.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    We do not have the right to judge someone for doing something that they did. If you go back to that age and think of the many things you probably did and thought you knew everything, you probably did not let others tell you different either. The only thing we can do is hope things work out well and give the best advice we can - we are not the parents of these young people. Please choose your advice and/or statements with a little more care. Thanks.

Many of us parents wish we could 'lock up' our kids until they are at least 30, but we must also face reality of this era, peer pressure, and society today and just wish our kids get better educated.

Have a good one!

Cats and kids are curious and it's all natural.
    And both are prone to make their own mistakes.
    I wanted to rate Cherry, but since I just rated her on another post in the Active Members Forum (at least I think that is where it was), I got the spread some rep points around.

Didn't everyone smoke 30-100+ years ago? And don't we know now the smoking is BAD for you.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 19, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Our "stupid" mistakes are how we learn and what make us the people that we are today. If we aren't allowed to make those mistakes we would jump off that preverbial bridge that all of our friends jumped off. Sometimes you have to skin your knees to understand that it hurts to fall down. I can only hope that it's just a flesh wound and not an amputation that we learn from
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2006, 03:09 AM
    Hi,
    However what ever happened is happened. Now try to find out the right way to get out from trouble. There are plenty of clinics and you can get it checked. I dont think you are pregnant but it is possible as well. Go and see a good doctor and let her find out what is it. It could be some sort of infection. No need of getting nervous now. Get one of your closest friends go to your nearest clinic and get the experts opinion as quick as possible.
    Good advice on going to a clinic and getting things sorted, but there is a little thing called 'Tact' she is of age and knows she made a mistake - but as another said this is how we learn. You have to make the mistakes for yourself before you can realise the consequences. I was only just 18yrs old when I fell pregnant. I was using condoms, but was not on the Pill. As a result the condom split and I became pregnant. Unfortunately because my boyfriend at the time (now my EX) was dead set on not having children I was backed into a corner.

He was very controlling over me and 3yrs older and I believed I had no other option but to abort it. Now being nearly 22yrs I see things so differently. The only person my ex was thinking about was himself not me. He was very supportive through the abortion, but I fear if I had gone the other way, he would not have been so. I have been on the pill ever since it happened and I am much more careful but if I am ever faced with it again there is no way on this earth I would ever abort another child. It is something that I have to live with and probably the biggest mistake I have ever made, but I have learned from it.

Admittedly I am able to get on with my life by telling myself I would not have the things I do today or the life I have today if I had had the baby, but I do also wonder sometimes what I would have been like as a mum, if would have been a boy or girl etc. But there is no point me dwelling - but the bottom line is I learnt from my mistakes and will never do it again.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 20, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Thanks for sharing DJ H, sorry you had to make a choice.
    When we try to make suggestions to our own kids, or those that ask us for advice, we can only give examples and/or warnings. What they do with it is up to them. When some day your own child comes to you with the statement "you were right", then you know you did the best you could at the time, but had to let them 'do their own thing'. No matter what, when it's your own, unconditional love and support is all we can give, even if it hurts. What is important is that those that need help are reassured that they can go to 'somebody' without getting 'yelled at' as I'm sure their main fear is that is what they will get at home - and deep down, they probably know they make the wrong choices and will hopefully learn from them before it's too late.

If most parents were not too busy making money, or thinking that after giving birth, their job is done, there would be less lost individuals needing someone. I'm just glad that we can be here to provide a certain amount of support, no matter what our own moral judgments are, we should be compassionate and try our best.

So, I for one, will continue to support and 'make a difference' as long as someone can benefit from it.

Love, Chery

Because I'm sure we all wish someone 'was there' too many times in our lives.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 03:27 AM
    I agree with you totally Chery and I as another will continue to help and support those in need as best as I can. One of the reasons I want to help others so much is due to everything I have been through. Having an abortion, depression, panic attacks, having had two sets of parents split up, having been mentally abused, and hurt so badly on so many occasions. I have been through so much in the 12yrs and it has been a really difficult and rough ride. I have faced one obstacle with another and I don't half wish that I had found this site sooner.

The point is no matter how hard things got and no matter how many times I felt like giving up and I how worthless I felt - I battled each day. With the support and help from friends and family I got through and came out the other side. I now have a fantstic boyfriend, A great carrer ahead of me in the entertainment industry and no matter what a loving family and friends.

Even with some of my problems at the moment, I am happy!! That is what I want for others to be happy. To know they are not alone; and that they can get through it, with patience and by perservering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help - Please Read. [ 7 Answers ]

All right, here's the situation - my ex-girlfriend calls me a few weeks ago, and tells me that she's pregnant. Of course, this is not a situation I'm immediately comfortable with, but it's not because I'm not one to run from a responsibility. See, I'm not going to be here, I'm actually going OUT...

*** Please Read This Before Posting *** [ 0 Answers ]

We're glad you found us - and we're sure you'll find the members here quite informative. A couple important notes: 1. Read the Posting Rules. Disparaging comments to or about other members will not be tolerated. Use the Report Inappropriate Post feature (it appears with every post) to make...

View more questions Search