Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverenoughmoney Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 3, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Tree roots
    At least twice a year we have a backup in basement. The backup is everything for us flushing,running water, washing clothes. We have a someone come out every time and snake out the pipes. They all ways getting the trees roots when they did that.

Any ideas how we can keep the trees roots clear so we don't get the mess in the basement? We just got it done at around christmas of 2007 and now it is backing up again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 04:50 PM
    A electric rotor will clear it out, but the roots will merely grow back. There are some root products.

If you dig out the damaged pipe ( where roots are growing in) replace it, and place salt all around that area of the pipe, it will stop it for a long long time.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 08:01 PM
    What Fr_Chuck said and cut down the tree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

Tree roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have just had a tree cut down but left a 15 ft. stump and small growths are appearing in my lawn. A person at my local Home Depot said I need tree root killer to stop these growths. Is this true or where can I purchase this root killer?

Tree roots decomposing [ 6 Answers ]

We pulled out a tree and the roots are now decomposing causing our lawn to sink. How do I fix this? Thanks

Tree Roots Patio? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to install a Stamped concrete patio behind our garage. 12'x18' is the size. We have a very large Silver Maple tree in the back yard with many large roots on the top of the ground in the location we'd like to put the patio. Our concern is that these roots would grow up under the...

Maple tree roots. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I purchased a 1922 Colonial on Long Island and in the front yard, about 20 feet from the house, is a grand old maple tree. It is between the sidewalk and the curb and is tearing up part of my sidewalk and curb. I really don't want to take the tree down and I'd rather have a contractor come...

View more questions Search