Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Feb 3, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Obese hormones
    If you are obese can that put your hormones out of whack ans your thyroid out of whack?
    But if you start getting healthier and starting to lose weight will they go back to normal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Being over weight can have effects on hormones and many other things that effect your health. And yes losing weight can help a lot. Will they go back to normal?? Can't tell till you do it, and then see if you need further medical attention
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Your thyroid could be the culprit for your obesity not the reverse. Your thyroid controls your body's metabolism. It can also cause your hormones to get out of whack also. If you are having a hard time losing any weight see your doctor about the thyroid problem. You can also Google thyroid problems to see if you fall into that category. You can jump start a sluggish thyroid with diet, but depending on how bad your thyroid is out of whack it may need medication to stabalize it out again. See the doctor about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why obese America [ 7 Answers ]

People always want to know why are Americans getting fat. When you can say that 60% of kids are overweight and kids under 5 are seeing 100 lbs don't you think there is more of a problem than simply over eating?? I have been trying to figure it out on my own for the past few years and I came to...

Thinking about adopting an obese Min Pin? [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the shelter yesterday and came across a 5 year old Miniature Pinscher who is extremely obese. She is being given a diet of a mix of canned and dried food twice a day. Now, I really love her, and the chubbiness makes her cute, but I started wondering about possible complications. Should...

Is my dog obese [ 6 Answers ]

I have a three year old doberman she weighs 37.5kg and my vet says she's obese and should look like a greyhound!! She is 28inchs to her shoulder and is well muscled she is exercised every day with free running chasing tennis balls - she eats two packets of natures menu a day and has a pigs ear...

View more questions Search