Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jade1292 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Stray cats can they be a health hazard
    I just bought a house and found out the cats (at least 5) have been living in the crawl space, I didn't notice the smell until the weather starting to get warmer, but my entire house smell of cat urine!! I don't know how to find out if this has an effect on our health or how to get rid of the smell, the cats are using the crawl space as a large litter box, I have already caught two cats and continue to put the traps out but can't close the crawl space door until I know the cats are gone. I wouldn't even know if any have died under there. Help?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 02:39 PM
    You can buy Odo ban http://cleancontrol.com/ or something made specifically from a pet store to clean the smell out and put a door on the crawl space after you clean it out.
    You might want to pay somebody that would be willing to take care of cleaning it out for you.
    Once it is clean it should be okay.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Any warm blooded stray animal can be a health risk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ideas for dealing with stray neighborhood cats? [ 31 Answers ]

We just bought a house and we are moving in in 2 weeks. I have noticed that there are 2 stray cats who hang around the house ALL the time. They walk & sleep on the cars, prowl around and use our yard as a litter box! We have 3 indoor only kittens (all spayed) and I am worried that having these...

Cortisone injection creates SERIOUS side effect and my cats health is deteriorating [ 1 Answers ]

My cat , 8 yrs old, was sneezing and vomiting a little twice a week. Took him to the vet. He gave a cortisone injection.( do not know now the name but I will find out soon). Ever since, its health has been deteriorating. He does not want to eat or drink and is hiding in a closet in the apartment....

Health insurance coverage for pets/kittens/cats [ 2 Answers ]

Does Massachusetts offer any time of additional pet insurance coverage for veterinarian appointments/vaccinations/spaying/etc.

Toe touch hazard [ 4 Answers ]

OMG MY toe touch sux!! I need some major help!! LIke how do you keep your chest up and are you supposed 2 have your hands in fist or flat? PLEAZ HELP!

Fire Hazard? [ 4 Answers ]

Our cat chewed into 1/2 (wires cut on one side of cord) of a power cord attached to an aquarium filter. Would it be safe to completely cut the cord into 2 pieces, strip off parial outer cord covering, twist the 2 sets of wires back together and then cover it all with electircal tape? This thing...

View more questions Search