Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sinisin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Weight training after hernia surgery
    I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 6, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Double?? One doctor told me he didn't do double hernia repairs because it causes double agony. I looked around, found a doctor who didn't give a damn and went through double agony.

One very important thing that the doctor might not bring to your attention with sufficient emphasis is that you must keep your stools soft during the post-operative healing period. If you don't, then straining at the stool will undo the repair.

BTW
    If your repair has been done properly and you have healed properly you will be able to lift.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I am 46 years old. I have been weight trraining with medium weights for 2 years. Recently I have started getting a slight pain in my lower abs on the right side. Also a slight discomfort is felt at times in my right testicles and groin. Is this a kind of hernia? What exercises should I avoid to...

Weight training [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and am going to start lifting wights everyday. I don't want to get big, just fit. I am not to interested in leg excercises, I am going to jog. So I guess what I am asking is does anyone have a propgram for everyday that would get me fit. Thanks a lot

Weight training [ 2 Answers ]

Jus wondering can anyone help me. Any weight lifting excersises to build pectoral muscles? I have a set of free weights but no bench

Abdominal hernia [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everybody. I'm a 14 year old guy and I'm pretty sure that I have abdominal hernia. Please guys, help me. I need to know how much it would cost to get rid of it at the min and at the max in $. See, I didn't even tell my parents yet because I'm kind of embarrassed but its not the main reason....

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help. I have a bar with 4 weights. Two 15 lbs and two 4 lbs. I would like to tone up, build up my chest, become stronger then what I am now and just look bigger all together. I was wondering if its possible to achieve all this with what little weights I have. All I do now is have the...

View more questions Search