Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    getpsyched01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Blunt injury to shin, can it be broken?
    Yesterday, while playing polo I received a whack to my shin from a horse head. It is very tender today and hurts most when I try and walk on it or when there's been pressure on it and the pressure is released. It's swollen, but not too bruised. Could it be fractured?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 09:56 AM
    could it be, yes, can we tell without a x-ray and a medcial examine NO
    getpsyched01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Thanks, I live in Zambia so getting to the Dr. takes a little planning. I'll go this week especially if the pain and swelling get worse!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Do forget that a doctor is not around the corner for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on my left shin. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have just found a lump on my left shin but on the inside of my leg. What could this be?? I cannot remember bumping my leg anywhere recently however I do play lots of different contact sports. I will of course go see my doctor but I was just wondering if anybody knew what this could...

Preventing Shin Splints [ 5 Answers ]

My avatar might have already given it away, but I like to Irish dance. I stretch, warm up, then stretch again before practicing, but I still get painful shin splints. The area on the inside right along my shin bone hurts really badly after I work out for 30 minutes. I can't seem to isolate...

Pain in my left leg that has moved to my shin [ 1 Answers ]

Pain in my left leg that has moved to my shin

Hard lump on my daughter's shin [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed a lump about two inches in length on my 12 year old daughter's shin... it is hard to the touch... she says it doesn't hurt... she is not limping, nor is she having difficulty running... I called her doctor, but can not get her in until next week... I know she is worried... and I am...

Does anyone ever worry that their advice may be wrong or too blunt? [ 32 Answers ]

Hi all :) I have to say that I love this site and the advice and help that it offers to others. I have personally been helped tremendously by many of you. I just had a thought though that some responses might actually be quite damaging to some people in crisis. I realise that it's probably...

View more questions Search