Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Space bar
    Hi,

It must be something I done, wonder if anybody can help.

When I'm in M.S.Word I press my space bar and I get a stop / dot
    Full stop.

Also my Font size icon and my left justify, right justify and centre icons have gone.

Any ideas?

Regards

M
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Go to Tools>Options>View. See if you have it set to show hidden characters or to show spaces. When that is set spaces are displayed as a dot. They don't print, just display.

Generally I prefer to keep paragraph and tab marks visible. It makes it easier to see whwere to apply formatting.

Jan 16, 2006, 02:57 PM
    No... Dots
    Hi Scott,

Great, that's the dots sorted. Thank you very much.

Any Idea on the other bit... also there's no Underline, Bold and Italic icons.

Thanks again Scott.

M.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harrison
    Hi Scott,

Great, thats the dots sorted. Thank you very much.

Any Idea on the other bit.... also theres no Underline, Bold and Italic icons.

Thanks agian Scott.

M.
    Could be the toolbar needs sizing. If the icons are actually gone, you can add them manually using Customize from the right click menu.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harrison
    Hi Scott,

Great, thats the dots sorted. Thank you very much.

Any Idea on the other bit.... also theres no Underline, Bold and Italic icons.

Thanks agian Scott.

M.
    What version of word are you using?? On the modern versions - if you look to the right at the end of the tool bar there is usually a little arrow pointing downwards. If you hover over it it will tell you it is toolbar options. If you click on it you will see them. To add them back to you current toolbar just click on ADD/REMOVE BUTTONS.

If you are using an older version of word you will need to click on VIEW scroll to TOOLBARS and make sure there is a tick against STANDARD & FORMATTING. If not just click each one.

Jan 17, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Hi Guys,

I really appreciate your help - all sorted now, thanks for being there.

Regards

Martin Harrison.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Space... I think... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sort of new to actual dating... I went out with a few guys in school.. but the relationship really never left school. Once I graduated I fell in love with a guy from australia... was with him for 2 years... and went to see him for 6 months... I waited patiently for 2 years (until three weeks...

Need space [ 6 Answers ]

New here I am recently separated from my kid's mother, just simply fell in love with another woman.started out great than ex started calling and harassing new woman in my life.saying thing's like we are going to get back together,to stay away from our kid's wich limit's my time with new woman she...

He needs his own space? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, my boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months, but we knew each other previously for another year on top of that, I just turned 20 and he is turning 18. At first we didn't have time for each other, I used to work in a nightclub, very late nights, so I changed my jobs so we could have...

Web space [ 10 Answers ]

Is there is any space in the web where I can store my files for free then download them later My files are about 10 gig So its easier for me to have those files anywhere home, office , etc Thanks

Web Space [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. Looking for a site to host ZIP files so people can download them off another site. Example: My site is hosted on MTS. I want to be able to click a link on an MTS website which will allow me to download a file from the X hosting site where I store them. 100% free please, and a file size...

View more questions Search