Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Feb 2, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Was he really
    Was Jesus the true messiah? Why not, then who are you waiting for. Why then why do a lot of Jews deny it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2008, 06:52 PM
    See this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/judais...ly-175677.html
    ZachZ Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Feb 3, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelpfast
    was Jesus the true messiah?
    No.

why not, then who are you waiting for.
    Both questions answered quite completely in other threads here. Scott mentioned one above, a quick search will reveal others.

why then why do alot of Jews deny it
    Your question is based on an incorrect assumption. Your incorrect assumption is that J*sus is the true messiah. He is not. Therefore, Jews are not "denying" anything by noting he is not. Would you be 'denying' anything by saying "No" if someone asked you if the sky were green? Of course not, because the is indeed not green.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Feb 26, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Your question is based on an incorrect assumption. Your incorrect assumption is that J*sus is the true messiah. He is not
    In your opinion yes, He is not. But its not a fact.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Feb 26, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    In your opinion yes, He is not. But its not a fact.
    Now that you suggest otherwise, this is helpful in demonstrating where Christianity's religious theology has departed from the elementary basics of Judaism. Christians, "sassyT," tend to view matters by a belief. Judaism regards all our actions, as substance. However, if you see the world as currently being in the messianic age, an age of peace, no war, no hunger, disease dissipating, government initiated Torah, then you have your faith based in Christianity and on unproven results from 2k years ago. But reality is that there is no reasonable consequence of those actions today. Isaiah 11:6 is not upon this world as it still awaits. For Judaism that's not an opinion, it's a fact. Jewish messianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Feb 27, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Now that you suggest otherwise, this is helpful in demonstrating where Christianity's religious theology has departed from the elementary basics of Judaism. Christians, "sassyT," tend to view matters by a belief. Judaism regards all our actions, as substance. However, if you see the world as currently being in the messianic age, an age of peace, no war, no hunger, disease dissipating, government initiated Torah, then you have your faith based in Christianity and on unproven results from 2k years ago. But reality is that there is no reasonable consequence of those actions today. Isaiah 11:6 is not upon this world as it still awaits. For Judaism that's not an opinion, it's a fact. Jewish messianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    For Judaism it is fact and I respect that, but I am not a part of that religions so to me it is an opinion not a fact.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Feb 27, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    For Judaism it is fact and i respect that, but i am not a part of that religions so to me it is an opinion not a fact.
    And that's OK with us that are Jewish. We don't actively seek converts. It's the quality vs quantity argument. BTW since you made it over to our board to give a opinion about a religion that you don't partake in, or know much about, you might as well learn something. In biblical Hebrew there really isn't a word for "religion." There is the word "dat," that means faith.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
    For those of the Jewish Faith, they do not see Jesus Christ as their Savior.
    That is just it, I am not sure their exact stance, either that he may have never really existed or he was merely misguided in his belief or his followers mis understood him.

This is merely their teachings and belief. They have though their promices and blessings their own relationship with God.

I may disagree on teachings, but I truly respect their firm belief and the respect they give to others.
    ZachZ Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    for those of the Jewish Faith, they do not see Jesus Christ as thier Savior.
    That is just it, I am not sure thier exact stance, either that he may have never really existed or he was merely misguided in his beleif or his followers mis understood him.
    All the stances you mentioned -- That he did not really exist (and is a composite fabrication of the inventors of religion of Xianity); that he was misguided (and a heretic and apostate who abandoned Judaism); or that he was a good Jew whose words became so wildly misunderstood by his followers that they led themselves away from Judaism -- are all valid views held by Jews and Judaism. There is no one, 'correct' view held by all Jews and Judaism about this topic, other than the fact that he was neither Moshiach nor G-d.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search