Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
    100 amp sub panel from 200 amp main panel
    We have a 200 amp main panel. We added another floor and decided to add a new sub panel of 100 amps. Is this OK? Should the wire gage be different from 100 maps? Your help is appreciated.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Typically, #2 aluminum 4 wire SER cable is used for a residential 100 amp feeder.
    ineedmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    Typically, #2 aluminum 4 wire SER cable is used for a residential 100 amp feeder.
    Thank very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Updating service panel to 200 amp with feeder to 100 amp panel in old house [ 8 Answers ]

I currently in the process of converting 1000 sq ft of attached garage into living space while doing this we are updating electrical service to 200 amp new service, there is 100 amp service in the old part of the house which will remain but need to be sub paneled from the new 200 amp service. I...

200 amp panel feeding a 100 amp panel roughly 130' away [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, We are building a apartment above the garage,my question is what size wire do I need to run from the 200 amp panel to the 100 amp panel roughly 130' away? I want to use aluminum wire as I think copper would be to costly. Thanks for your help in advance, Dude :eek:

100 amp panel to new 200 amp panel and sub panel [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very small (1000sq feet) 1920 home in Northern New Jersey which 15 years ago was upgraded to breakers with a 100 amp panel. The whole house does have copper romex in it now, and I am adding a substantial addition (3000 sq feet) to the house and I want to put a sub panel in the new portion....

100 Amp Subpanel from 200 Amp main panel [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a subpanel to be used to supply branch circuits to a new kitchen, laundry, garage, and some additional lighting and receptacles. The 200 amp main panel is about 50 ft away but because of the obstructions, we'll need about 85 feet of cable to connect the 100 amp subpanel. Since...

Using 100 amp panel on 200 amp service [ 5 Answers ]

I am building new camp at a site that already has 200 amp service. My power requirements are small and 100 amp will be more than sufficient. Is there any reason I cannot hookup a 100 amp panel to the 200 amp meter socket? Not sure is code allows this. I want to use a small 100 amp panel vs the...

View more questions Search