Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Feb 2, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Which is better
    I need to know whether to sell my ps3 and get an xbox 360 or to keep my ps3 I enjoy both systems but the blue-ray feature on the ps3 is pretty cool but I also the online gameplay of the 360 what do you think is a better system and why
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I am the videogame cataloger at the library where I work. Teen patrons seem to prefer PS3 and Wii over GameCube and XBox 360, although XBox 360 is gaining in popularity.

I'd keep the PS3 and watch for new developments in any of the systems.
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Personally I own a Xbox 360 and love everything about it. The game selection at the moment is much better than the PS3 and the online community is great. I would love to get a PS3 just for the Blu-ray in it but the game selection is not worth the price of the system to me. I would highly suggest getting a 360 if you can still keep your ps3 but I would do some homework on the library of games and look to see which exclusives interest you more if you can only have one system.

Feb 6, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the opinion
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Keep your ps3, because xbox 360s are coming down in price and are easier to get thanthe ps3 there's little varience in the types of games coming out for them (except for those that are native to them like the halo series was to the 360)

Feb 6, 2008, 12:17 PM
    I'm looking forward to the metal gear solid game for the ps3
    Thank for your opinion
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:13 PM
    There should be a lot of good ps3 games out this year. And also the ps3 has online play for free whereas they charge for xbox live, the greedy bastards!

I don't have a 360 but I have a ps3 and have been very satisfied

Feb 18, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Thank you everybody for your opinion
    It is really dumb that the xbox260 charges for online play, as if we don't have bills.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Feb 18, 2008, 09:03 PM
    They are both good in their own way... PS3 game developers have yet to scratch the surface in terms of graphics for PS3 games, so in the future you can expect amazing visuals. The playstation network isn't that strong but they are working on it so eventually you will be able to download game extras, much like the 360 marketplace. The controllers for the ps3 are rechargeable and you will never need to get batteries, and they are coming out with a ps3 controller that has the vibration function that people have missed. Its whisper quiet and takes quite a bit of playing time for it too heat up to dangerous levels.

The Xbox360 is great for multiplayer functions, such as halo3 online, and other online games... it has set the bar high for any systems' online capabilities. No offense to 360 owners out there but that's its best feature, but it's a great one! The controllers are a bit more comfortable, but require batteries, or you can purchase rechargeable packs. It gets a little loud at times, and can't play as long as a PS3, and the graphics are set, and have been reached with games such as Mass Effect, sorry again 360 owners, but that's probably the best looking game you're going to see.

P.S. I work at a gamestop, so I have to know all this... however, where I live most people are 360 biased.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Feb 18, 2008, 09:06 PM
    And in case you're wondering... I would chose a PC over both. The best of both worlds... although it can get rather pricey!
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Feb 19, 2008, 09:04 AM
    I would definetley keep te PS3, why would you even consider trading it in for a 360? My friend has a 360 and he says that it crashes a lot, that it overheats after about 4 hours of play. Also since the PS3 has the best visuals out of all the 3 new systems. I mean you'll probably gain about $200 bucks if you trade it in, but is it really worth it?
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
    I love my Xbox 360. I really have not even considered the PS3, not when I was buying it and not since I have the Xbox. Seems to me that all the big games for the PS3 are fantasy games, same old same old. Of course this is personal preference, I'm a slave to sports games and I think the 360 is awesome for that, controls and all. Plus the big title games even in the fantasy world seem cooler, like Halo over whatever the PS3 gamewith the girl swinging a sword is?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Heavenly sword, that game was such crap... I have a PS3 and it was advertised pretty hard, I tried the demo and hated it.

One thing the PS3 has going for it though is that it has a Blu-Ray drive. And apart from movies this leaves the possibility of games that can have more levels and better resolution, a blu-ray is 25 GB.

An XBOX 360 uses standard dual layer DVD's, 8 GB. In a few years there may be games that have to scale back to be XBOX compatible.
    nolan48 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Keep them both

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search