Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorieljenkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 10:51 AM
    How many vehicles did each dealer get?
    It is the year 2075 and the electric truck is a reality. Jeff is an independent truck driver who delivers vehicles from the factory to the dealers in his very flat state. Jeff's truck (with him and his lunch box in it) weighs 8,000 lbs. From Jeff's house in Small Town to the automobile factory, which is 120 miles away, his truck consumes 99.86 kW-h of energy. He loads up 6 vehicles with a nominal weight each of 3000 lbs. His closet customer, dealership Rip-U-Off, is 200 miles away and Jeff's truck consumes another 543 kW-h getting there. He delivers X trucks toMr. Rip-U-Off and continues on to dealership U-Bought-It to deliver the rest of the vehicles. U-Bought -It is 300 miles from Rip-U-Off and Jeff's truck consumed 436.89 kW-h to get to it. Jeff returns home with his empty truck and consumes 41.61 kW-h to get home (he was so busy that he had no time to eat his lunch).

How many vehicles did each dealer get?
    How far is Jeff's home from the U-Bought-It dealership?
    Which of the two dealers received a smuggled shipment of potatoes in the trunk of one of the vehicles and how much did the shipment weigh?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:00 PM
    This appears to be a wacky proprtions problem.

For instance, to get you started, the distance from Jeff's home from his last stop at

U-Bought-It can be found from the proportion . Solve for y.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AZ registration on vehicles [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Az. And about 3 years ago a friend and I financed a car. She was helping me out by being my cosigner. We now are no longer in contact with each other. The registration on the car has expired and I need to get it reregistered. But the DMV won't let me reregister the car without her being...

Verbal Agreement for Vehicles [ 9 Answers ]

I made an agreement to purchase a car verbally without having any set payment schedule or exact dollar amount the vehicle would be purchased for. I have made several cash payments and also verbally agreed to compensate for payment of the car by paying the insurance on the seller's other vehicle....

Tow vehicles [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a 2006 Airstream Land Yacht. I have a '05 PT Cruiser automatic transmission car. How can I safely tow this vehicle?

Losing Our House And Vehicles [ 5 Answers ]

Im 26 And Married Have 4 Kids And Another In Coming In April2007 . Husband Had Decent Job Got Layrd Off Jan 5 2007 . House Mortgage 1 Month Behind . Husband Found A Job 11.oo Hr Was Making 21.75 . Nothing Hiring .please Help Were Losing Our House And Vehicles

View more questions Search