Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HardwareGuy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Honeywell MagicStat/32 or Furnace Failure?
    I've changed the batteries on the thermostat when the "lo bat" message displayed. Per the user manual, I had to install the batteries backwards for 10 seconds in order to reset the unit.
    I then reinstalled the batteries in the proper manner and began to program the unit. Approximately 20 seconds after I began the reprogramming process the display starting blinking with unreadable characters and would not allow me to continue. I've performed the battery reset and attempted to reprogram the unit four times now, all with the same results.

I also discovered that the furnace burner is off-line and will not relight. So my question is, has the off-line status of the furnace fouled up the programming of the thermostat -OR- has the thermostat "gone south" and is preventing the furnace from lighting?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Kill the power to the furnace at the breaker,for a few minutes, and then turn back on,, I`ve see this work before,,

Feb 2, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Tried cutting power to the furnace at the breaker panel as suggested but situation same, all fouled up. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Check to see if you have lost 24 Volt control transformer, Then check for a blown fuse on the circuit board.

Feb 4, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Luckily I was able to schedule an appointment with our service technician for first thing this morning. I'll let you know what his diagnosis is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell MagicStat 32 - Model CT3200 [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Honeywell Thermostat MagicStat/32 which is saying (not Flashing) "bat low." As per the instruction manual, I changed the Batteries. This did not clear the screen. I tried another set of new Batteries, which again did not clear the screen. I am sure I put them In correctly. ...

Furnace Failure [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Coleman mid-efficiency gas-fired (propane) furnace tubular heat exchanger downflow hot air system. For about a month now I have had a intermittent problem with my furnace failing. The blower comes on with out any heat and produces a rapid red flash error code. This error code indicates:...

Honeywell Magicstat 32 Model CT3200 [ 4 Answers ]

Help: The reading on my CT3200 is higher from the room temperature by at least 2 degrees Celsius during the heating season. I measured the temperature with a digital thermometer which read 20 degrees Celsius and my CT3200 was reading 22 degrees Celsius. It's on an inside wall which is well...

Honeywell Smart Valve failure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar furnace and what is happening is the furnace will call for heat and the draft inducer motor will come on and after a momont I will hear the pressure switch go and nothing happens. The electric glow rod does not glow and the furnace does not fire but here is the catch the first...

Honeywell MagicStat 32 - Model CT3200 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Honeywell Thermostat MagicStat/32 which is saying (not Flashing) "bat low." As per the instruction manual, I changed the Batteries. This did not clear the screen. I tried another set of new Batteries, which again did not clear the screen. I am sure I put them In correctly. ...

View more questions Search