Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kavanaugh koch Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Spray Hose on Kitchen Faucet?
    How can I hook up a spray hose to a new kitchen faucet, which was not designed to have a spray hose? Thanks,

Kavanaugh
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2006, 07:59 AM
    In short, I'm sorry to say, you can't.

Ones with spray hoses have an extra outlet for the water that the sprayer attaches to underneath.
    hydrawand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 07:10 PM
    Actually you can, but its not cheap. You need to buy two "T"s to put between the faucet cold and hot inlet connections. Most have 3/8 compression. Then connect the hot and cold water from the "T" to a mixing valve. These can be had for anywhere from 25 to 95 dollars for a thermostatic one with antscalding. You then run another stainless steel hose from the mixing valve to a small valve mounted somewhere on or under your sink. I used a chrome 1/4 turn inlet valve from HD. Once you decide on a sprayer you connect it to the valve, set the temperature of the valve, and its pressurized and ready to go with out turning on the sink faucet.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 25, 2010, 01:42 AM

Well Hydrawand - don't you think it would be LOT easier to purchase new kitchen faucet with sprayer - rather than do what ever you just described ? Home Depot sells new kitchen faucets with sprayers for under $50.00...
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 25, 2010, 03:46 AM

Post 4 years old!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spray painting kitchen cabinets? [ 6 Answers ]

Does automotive paint work well for kitchen cabinets? I have a regular spray gun, not hplv. If not what kind of paint should I use. I am painting over new MDF. Thanks.

Single-Control Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single control pull-out spray kitchen faucet, the kind that pulls out of the main faucet and is activated by pushing a rubber button on the top of the handle. The sprayer stays on until I turn off the water, then it reverts to a regular flow. Lately, however, it doesn't revert, and...

Faucet sprayer leak in hose [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new... I'm usually handy but I out of my league on this one. Does anyone know how to fix/replace the inner hose in the metal coil housing(? correct name)

Kitchen sink spray hose no pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink's spray hose has no pressure. I replaced the spray head and it sprays but water also comes from the faucet. What can I do?

Shorten spray hose [ 2 Answers ]

My spray hose on my kitchen sink is too long and continuously catches on the pipes under the sink. I want to shorten this hose, but have no idea how. Any info is appreciated.

View more questions Search