Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Young and worried
    Hello I am a 20 year old woman and I have missed my period. I don't know why it is late. I haven't been sexually active for about three months and I came on my period last month but I went to the doctor after I got off my period last month and was given some medicating for a yeast infection. I have also been having repeated yeast infection every month for the past 6 months. I'm not sure what is wrong can someone help me? My period is about two weeks late. :confused:
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 16, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Your probably aren't pregnant, but I would have a pregnancy test done just to make sure, it couldn't hurt at least you will know that isn't the cause. It maybe from the medicine from the yeast infection or the yeast infection itself could have thrown your cycle off a bit. Have you been under a lot of stress lately? Or on new medication for anything? Or have been ill? These are things that could attribute to a delay in your cycle, but when in doubt always go to your doctor.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Sound to me like the treatment you have been given for your yeast infection is effecting your periods, also sounds like stress maybe a contributing factor.

Although that is not to rule out the possibility of being pregnant.

Many woment go through the majority of their pregnancy without knowing, and it is still possible to have a period in the early stages of your pregnancy before it stops.

Either way it's best to get to your docs - who will be able to confirm what's going on! Try are not to worry and stay calm, it's probably nothing; but it's always best to ask the docs to put your mind at rest if nothing else. He may need to change your medication for example.
    Dustin2239 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2009, 04:35 AM

Have you been tested For STDs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young Father [ 9 Answers ]

Hey my name is sam am 17 year old lad from northern ireland,my girlfriend came to me 1 day at a normal hospital check up and told me she was pregnant at first I was shocked but excited. Now I need some help I started going out with this girl on the last Saturday in August I had sex with her that...

Too young to get married? [ 26 Answers ]

HI. I'm 19 and I go to college in fl. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. This past year we have been long distance because he is in the marine corps and stationed in NC. We want to get married and everyone thinks we are crazy. How do I know if I'm doing the right thing?

What is it with young girls? [ 28 Answers ]

I know there are SOME girls out there that are mature and don't do this but for the most part it seems that most girls when they turn 19 or so go on this bad streak. They feel like partying hard, being rebellious and just being wild in general. So much to the point that they will throw away a...

Young dog having seizures [ 3 Answers ]

We just had our 6 month old beagle nutered Thrusday. Friday he had 2 seizures and today he's had 1. He growled at me today and later at my husband. Copper has been a really great dog, house trained easily, good with the kids. He a little high strung, but we get him lots of exercise and he's...

Married young [ 2 Answers ]

Got married at 19 nearly 20. We had been in a long distance relationship on and off for 2years. During this time only saw each other about five times and spent a few hours together.however its been nearly 4 years now and I feel I rushed into it as I feel I have changed in person. He is 8 years...

View more questions Search