Feb 1, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Whoever... but not Obama.
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Feb 5, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Thank you for your opinion
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Obama. Better than anyone else, he will be able to regain the world's respect for the U.S. unite people so that we are truly "one from many," and begin to clean up the mess that he inherited.

(Please remove Edwards from your list. He dropped out.)

Feb 5, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Do you think that he will make it, I mean with all the racism, he might be assassinated or something. I'm still deciding who to vote for
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
    There isn't "all the racism". He won't be assassinated any sooner than Clinton or Romney.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I would be more worried about Clinton than the rasists if I was Obama

Feb 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Wow check out the polls for super Tuesday
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Feb 6, 2008, 09:45 AM
    h) none of the above.

Neither party (especially the Republicans) has put forward a viable candidate that I feel would be effective in that office.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
    McCain, because he is the best candidate; a hero and a warrior in the sense that quitting or compromise is not an option.

EDIT: Obama has no principle that he holds sacred enough that he is unwilling to compromise. That is not a plus.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politi...ce-180618.html

"The first time was from a misfiring of a missile from a nearby jet on the carrier Forrester hit McCain's plane at the fuel tanks . McCain crawled out of his jet and jumping into the fire on the deck .Then rolled through the fireball .He then tried to save his fellow pilot but was blown back 10 feet by additional detonations . In all ;134 men were killed in the incident and 20 planes were destroyed before the fire was contained. It was the worst non-combat related accident in USN history .

McCain survived ,and then volunteered to continue his service.

The incident surrounding his time as a POW is even more heroic. He was on his 23rd bombing sorte 3 months after the Forrester incident when a Soviet SAM struck his plane taking off the right wing. He ejected but the force of the ejection broke both his arms and his kneecap . He was unconscious but came to as he plunged into a lake near his target . A mob gathered .The dragged him out of the lake ;broke his shoulder with a rifle butt and repeatedly bayonetted him. He was put in a truck and thrown into the Hanoi Hilton to die.

His condition deteriorated and he would've dies except for the ministery of his fellow POWs . A few months after his capture his father ,Adm Jack McCain ,was named commander of the Pacific . Now the N Vietnamese realized they had a propaganda tool in their possession. He was tortured ;finally broke and gave a "confession" .
    The North Vietnamese offered him early release . He refuse citing a code of conduct that said POWs should be released in the order they were captured. He was again beaten for this defiance. In all he spent 51/2 years in the Hanoi Hilton. He rehabbed and again regained flight status."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 12:04 PM
    I would've preferred George Allen .But a smear job over the word macaca by the Washington Compost derailed his possible candidacy .

Given the remaining options I tend to agree with DC . I have read the position essays from all the candidates in Foreign Affairs and from them I dismiss Evita ,Obama and the Huckster . (forget Ron Paul... he is stuck in the 19th century)

Of the 2 remaining Romney doesn't have a wiff of useful foreign policy experience. He attempted to impose mandatory universal health care on the Peoples Republic of Mass . Until he ran into the problem of what to do with people who can't afford it. He is a recent convert to some of the leading social conservative issues ala Arnold SchwarzenKennedy and he may mirror his drift back to the left after elected. The only thing he has going for him is that he jump started the Olympics and financed the start up of Domino Pizza.

McCain is not great in a lot of issues .But on the major issue I believe the country would be more secure with him than any of the remaining candidates

Feb 6, 2008, 12:19 PM
    I kind of feel bad for huckabee, think of all the endless jokes:)
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 6, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Clinton!
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Feb 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
    NOOOO to MCCAIN!! ENOUGH of the conservative era already!! I think our economy has had ENOUGH.. not to mention our jobs, our environment, our schools, our soldiers. NO MORE!!
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Why I will never vote for Obama:

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Atheist from Wichita, Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia. When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school. Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that
    Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this
    Influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned
    To Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct
    Influence over his son's education. Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of
    Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was
    Enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL
    Teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging
    Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to
    Be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States,
    Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an
    Attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when
    He was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the
    Koran. Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential
    Candidacy.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Hello:

Get ready for the racisim, smears, and lies cause here it comes. If you need help with the truth, click on the link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...rs-177927.html

excon
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

Get ready for the racisim, smears, and lies cause here it comes. If you need help with the truth, click on the link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...rs-177927.html

excon
    :) :) You convinced me!
    Now I think HUSSEIN Obama is as a christian as Saddam HUSSEIN:)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 12, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Right now it looks like a choice between either Obama or Clinton and McCain. On a scale of 1-10, I put McCain at about 4. I put either Dem at 0! I will vote for Huckabee in the primary if for no other reason than to send a message to McCain that I don't really like his recent past performance.
    mani_jeddah Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Feb 13, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Anyone but not obama
    Because the president should look 4 peace not by saying why we don't attack Makkah
    I think America is some peace not more wars
    Everyone know what happens to the army in Iraq n Afganistan
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Feb 14, 2008, 07:28 PM
    I agree with Kindj that there is no viable candidate at this time. Obama has such a tiny bit of experience as Jr Senator, how could he know enough to keep this huge country afloat? Ron Paul had lots of experience in Congress, and was for the Constitution and the people He had lots of good ideas to bring government down to size, but wasn't given any air or press time because he upset the status quo by revealings truths about our government.

Clinton has already shown her character many times - when the Whitewater mess was around and she sat back & watched her 'friends' go to prison for what she had started, and again when she & Bill left the White House with furniture that was not theirs. Scandals, lies and unexplained deaths were remains of the Clinton White House.

Romney, Paul and Edwards are gone. Huckabee worries me. Maybe he'll force everyone to attend church or just pray regularly and quit smoking and swearing. I don't want government in my bedroom either.

That only leaves McCain which doesn't impress me much either but if I had to vote today, he'd be it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

K-Test Poll [ 11 Answers ]

K-Test Poll Has the K-Test helped you identify a bad Engine Control Module (ECM) in your Honda Civic or Accord, which caused you to replace it and get your car running again? If it has, I'd like to chronicle that fact here.

BCS poll sucks [ 1 Answers ]

I have been reading articles on how fans think that UGA v. USC would have been a better game then the opponents they faced. I agree even though that couldn't happen due to UGA not being able to play in the Rose Bowl because their conference is not able to or something like that. I honestly think...

A recent poll [ 25 Answers ]

A recent Gallup poll showed the following: So, 43% of those polled would not be bothered much or at all if the USA is seen as having lost the war in Iraq. Nearly half the country doesn't give a crap if we lose or not. Does that bother you? Is that how you feel? Elliot

I'm taking a poll [ 8 Answers ]

I've already asked the questions I needed answered about my ex and her child raising methods. Now I just actually want to get a count from as many people as possible. I just want everybody to answer with a simple yes or no to these three Questions. Question#1- Is it acceptable for a 4 year old...

View more questions Search