Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skarsan34 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Company factoring account on credit report
    I found out that someone had opened a company factoring account what are company factoring accounts Someone opened a company factoring account and used my name what can I do it is on credit report as a bad debt.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Hello s:

Start to track it down. Call up the people who put the mark on your credit report.

excon
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 05:21 AM
    It sounds like a company you did business with may have sold your debt to another company at a "factor of the value you owed"

That would be the factoring company. They may have purchased your debt from another source. If you have any unpaid balances of any sort that might be the reason for it appearing on your credit report. You would not have needed to open the account directly with the factoring company.

It may not be your debt at all as errors happen frequently so follow the other advice and inquire as to the source of the debt reported by the company against you on the report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a credit report from all three bureaus with no credit card [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get all three creidt reports with out submitting a credit card.

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

View more questions Search