Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johns10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Renting a home owned in one state while residing in another
    I own a home in Nevada but will be setting up residency in another state. I want to rent the home in Nevada. What are the ramifications or issues I need to be aware of? Thank you.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
    The most important is to find a tenant who will pay and not tear up the place. You will need to develop procedures to locate tenants and to get rid of tenants. Also, you will want a written lease. Here are some ideas: Landlords & Property Management - Resource Center
    johns10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I will be getting a property management company to handle details. I guess I'm interested from my stand point, do I need to do anything special having two addresses and such.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 03:52 PM
    What do you mean, "having two addresses"? You should have all important mail forwarded to your new address, right? You wouldn't want your important papers mailed to your old address, even if you own the property, because you may never see them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 08:29 PM
    You will not have two addresses, once you move, you merely own a investment or rental propety and have a new address. You will have income ( hopefully) to declare on your taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting a home in foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

Help me. I just found out the owner of a home I am renting is not paying the mortgage how can I find out where the home is in the foreclosure process? I am living in CA.

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

Michigan law- minitort on a state owned vehicle [ 3 Answers ]

I got hit the other day, she was at fault, but she was driving a minivan with a state owned vehicle license plate... now they're saying that even though she was at fault, I have to pay for my deductable and her insurance company doesn't have to.. kind of weird.. any ideas?

Renting a home owned and buying another [ 4 Answers ]

We are in the process of buying a new home to be built in June 07 and will have to mortgage 160k. We currently own a 8 month old home (paid for in cash). However my husband wants to rent this home to pay for the mortgage on the other new home, I say sell, he says rent ! I'd rather sell and be...

How do I buy a cheap forclosed or bank owned home? [ 3 Answers ]

I need help my husband and I are just starting to look for a house in the area and we wanted to look at foreclosed and bank owned first. How do we go about looking at them and even buying them? We live in Kentucky and I don't know what the rules are about this if anybody knows please help......

View more questions Search