Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammibx3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster!
    :confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused:
    I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)
    PopcornSunshineKisses Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2008, 03:01 PM
    :) if you want to fade a color in your hair Shampoo Does the trick that and different types of hairsprays and gels that's how I get a color out of my hair if I don't want it and its more healthy then just bleaching it over and over again
    sammibx3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 03:43 PM
    What kind of shampoo and hairspray do you use
    stacymiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 2
    -

Feb 1, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Comment on PopcornSunshineKisses's post
    This answer is wrong. You have to color your hair if you want a dark blonde shade. Fading it will just make it more lighter.
    PopcornSunshineKisses Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Well she said she didn't want the color anymore so I thought a simple fading Technic would Be better then telling her to go out and dye it a Brown color yes it would get Rid of the Blonde kind of but if you put a dark color over a light one it will just make the Brown Or Red or what ever you put over it more intence Shampoo Dish Detergent Hair Products they Take the color Out of Your hair Fading it So making the blonde less intence. Like I said
    A simple way to make it fade without Killing your hair
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2009, 10:45 PM

When you lighten your hair you are removing pigments from your hair shaft. Blonde is simply the absence of pigment therefore it will not fade. There is no pigment to fade! Lowlites fade because pigment has been added to your hair shaft and over time the cuticle of your hair may lose those pigments! So waiting for it to fade is a lost cause. However I do get clients who request the blonde shade it sounds like you desire and the great news is that your problem can be solved by a quick application of a toner! Your stylist can apply this over your whole head to counteract the blonde shade you don't like. This is an inexpensive and very quick solution to get you those blondes you want! And no worries about damage! Whenever you deposit color absolutely no damage is done in fact most color lines add conditioner to their color lines! Make an appointment with your stylist for a toner application! Your stylist may also refer to this as a glaze but it's the same thing!
    jkph223 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Don't dye it. Just wait for a month and get it trimmed a little bit every 4 weeks. Take vitamin E, and hair, skin and nail vitamins. Don't wash your hair everyday. Use ausies 3 minute deep conditioner after using a thickening shampoo for fine/ thin hair. Your hair won't fade but it will restore its pigments back. & following these steps will make your hair grow longer, faster, and to be very healthy. Hair health is key for color!
    shortstop101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 02:13 PM
    I just did the same thing and it would help a lot if people could answer this a little more. I know that if I use shampoo it will work, but are there any ways that you can go back to the natural color in a REALLY short amount of time?
    shortstop101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I've read that toner and dying back will work but I've dyed it enough this week trying to get back to my natural color. Is there any remidies that would work really fast? Like a week or 2? I have a similar question on my page and the answers would help lots!
    THanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

View more questions Search