Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kidster190 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Renting a house.
    Hi I just moved into a house, and I have 3 months of security and I was just served papers of a foreclosure on this house. Know I rented from a realastate and they knew nothing about this.Do I have to move or do I get to live out my security? I have to write a letter to the clerk at the court in 20 business days. Please help me! I live in Florida Springhill.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Hello kid:

You're a tenant and not a party to any foreclosure proceedings. Check those documents. The bank doesn't even know your name so I can't imagine YOU are named on the papers. Therefore, without further legal clarification I wouldn't be writing to any court about any of my business.

I would be in touch with the real estate company who rented the house to you. Apparently you have. They're certainly going to want you to pay rent, and if you don't, you can be evicted. Legally, you can't live out your deposit. However, if the real estate company is just going to continue to send your money away to some unknown deadbeat owner, then it could be just throwing good money after bad.

Because once the foreclosure goes through, you'll be evicted anyway, and they won't care about your security.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The House I'm renting is being auctioned off! What do I did? [ 4 Answers ]

OK! I know nothing about renting but I have six months left on my lease and I just found a letter on our door saying the property will e auctioned to highest bidder on 12/14/07. So what am I supposed to do? My landlord will not return my phone calls and I don't want to somehow trap myself by not...

The house we have been renting has been sold. Now what? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I searched for a similar topic before I post this and found one that is very close to Our case ("the house in which i am renting is being forclosed on!" by krysmoma, on Jul 31, 2007 05:15 PM.) However, my question goes on. Please bear with me. My two roommates and I have been renting a...

The house in which I am renting is being forclosed on! [ 1 Answers ]

I am renting an apartment in a triple decker in Brockton, Massachusetts. We have been having feelings about a foreclosure happening and today we got confirmation. The landlord was served with a notice of a foreclosure on August 27. I want to know what will happen to me? Do I pay him rent for the...

The house I am renting is being forclosed on [ 2 Answers ]

My friends rental house she is renting from an independent landlord is being forclosed on. They told her she needs to be out by the 1st of feb. DO they have to give her a formal notice and longer than 7 days?

View more questions Search