Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Good luck Scott! :D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Again, the first thing you need to do is decide what the theme and content will be. When you decide that, you can proiceed further.
    busybee25 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2008, 01:37 AM
    OK, can I borrow or use my friends website for this purpose? Or do I specifically get my own website created?

Mar 15, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Sugestions required for getting a website created and internet business options
    Hi, As I have stated in my previous questions, my need for money is really dire and I wanted to start with a business without investment. So I was advised to join Google AdSense. But that requires for me to create my own website. The concern here is that I can't understand what theme to take to create that website which can become popular, so that inceases my chances of earning high. So if you could suggest what theme should I select for creating the website and also help me with how I can get my website created, the processes that it includes, etc, it would really be appreciated. Apart from this if someone could suggest me other online or internet business options, with a certainty that its not a scam, it might prove to be a great help to me and which inturn will make you to earn a lot of blessings. I really need help. As I am going through a lot of difficulties and I need a lot of money to get things sorted.
    Thanks a ton...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 03:22 AM
    I'm assuming that you have checked out joining Google. Is that true? You can also post many blogs through them where you can add Google ads to each individual blog in order to earn money.

Do you want to start a website using Google as the host for your website?

Depending on what the content is that you post on each, individual blog will determine what kind of ads are generated by Google for people to click on. There are also other ways other than by the content of the ads that you can use Google.

I may have asked you these types of questions before, but I can't remember. So, I am now going to ask them here. Knowing the answers to the following questions would help us in helping you to develop some sort of theme to your website or blogs that you might create in order to optimize the results that you will have by using Google AdSense.

What skills do you have?

What are the things that you have an interest in?

What are the things about which you are most knowledgeable?

What are the services that you know that you can provide to people in order to make some money?

Really, anything goes as long as it is something in which you already do or might have an interest in. It all depends on what your interests and experiences are as to how you will answer here.

For me, when I start a website or blog where I will be able to use something like Google AdSense on the website or blog in order to generate some income, I might choose topic areas like the following for my subject areas:

Music
    Art
    Drama
    Theater
    Home Improvement
    Refinishing Furniture
    House Painting
    Self-improvement
    Psychology
    Christianity
    Religion
    Hobbies
    Health and Fitness
    Coin Collecting
    Bicycle Riding
    Things to do and see where you live
    Crafting
    Playing the piano
    Church music
    Being over 50
    Depression
    Anxiety
    Good books to read
    Developing a small business
    Business advertising
    Choosing a career
    Finding potential customers to enhance my business
    Interior decorating
    etc.

I have listed the brief and partial list above in order to show you something about me. I would appreciate it if you might do something similar here concerning yourself.

I am sure that you have many facets to you that have not been explored/revealed as far as the potentials for you to make and also generate money in some way for you.

Using the Internet as a money making tool is a complicated procedure that takes a lot of time and practice. I have been advertising things on the Internet for over three years now. Most of my business comes from the ads that I have placed on the Internet for the things that I can do. My emphasis is on the word "do" here.

The bottom line for me here, is that if you are wanting to rely on a good income of some sort in the immediate future by ads that might be placed on your websites or blogs, then you will need to get really creative, spend a lot of time posting things and have a lot of variety in what you post on your websites or blogs. Even if you do do that, there is no guarantee that it is going to work.

I really would like to help you! But, I do want to give you an admonition that posting things on websites or blogs is not necessarily a good source of income. Your investment of energy, enthusiasm, time, reliability and making yourself indispensable to an employer are almost always a secure way to generate a gainful employment and income for you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
    Maybe we could merge all her related questions on the same topic?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2539553
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Maybe we could merge all her related questions on the same topic?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2539553
    That might not be a bad idea! ;)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Hello Busy:

I haven't followed your story, but I think you need a job.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE entrepreneurship. I think being in your own business is the ONLY way to go. However, you're going about backwards. Most people have a business already and want to put it online.

Finding out what business you want to be in and then putting it online isn't going to work. There are jillions of brand new websites every day. MOST never get any traffic because, like you, their site doesn't really offer anything.

If you want to be in business, find out what business you're good at and DO THAT.

excon

Mar 15, 2008, 06:44 AM
    If you put up an adsense link on a friend's site I believe you can direct the click thrus to generate income for you. But why would he do that for you? And that still leave you the need to generate traffic.

Mar 15, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Clough,

I really really appreciate the way you took out time to write and explain things to me at length. I don't know how much I'll be able to gain, but I think its important for me to appreciate your effort to come forward in trying to help me. Thanks a ton.

To begin with I have alist of questions to clear my doubts on how it works-

1) I'd like to mention that if you could once more explain me the complete idea of how to go about earning money through Google adsense.
    2) Do I really need a website of my own, or there could be another way of just adding blogs to an existing website?
    3) Whether there could be any other online/ internet earning option, which is not a scam?

As long as the things that I like are concerned, here's the list-

(I must mention that my list includes many of the stuff in your list)

Listening to music
    Art ( painting, sketching, etc.)
    Craft ( I have also done a one year diploma course in handicrafts- that includes dying cloth-the indian traditional ways- tie and dye, batiqe, etc, making designer candles, glass painting, screen printing, soft toys, probably lots more)
    Cooking
    Reiki ( Spiritual Healing)
    Meditation
    God ( I'm reading a bok these days called " Conversation with God")
    Understanding human psychology
    Developing a small business

Communication skill is what my asset is

I hope this will be able to help me further. And once more, I appreciate your effort

Mar 15, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Well I have a friend who already is rich enough that he doesn't have time to count his money. So he won't have any probs in lending his site to me and still not be interested in gaining money by adding blogs himself. But offcourse the question here is that his site might not be that much in use that people would view it often. So I guess that couldn't be solution. I have thot of an idea about the theme that I might want to take up for the website. But can you help be to create one for me? If yes, then will that be chargable? If yes then how much? Or if you can suggest me another way of getting my website created... I am not too sure, but I have heard that one needs to have a license to get a website created. Is that correct? Could you brief me the process of getting a website created?.

What are your suggestions about Google Cash - Take your share of Cash from the Net! ? Do you know something about this website or that whether it's a scam or not?
    Thanks

Mar 15, 2008, 07:53 AM
    What are your suggestions about Google Cash - Take your share of Cash from the Net! ?
    Do u know something about this website or that whether it's a scam or not?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I really would like to help you! But, I do want to give you an admonition that posting things on websites or blogs is not necessarily a good source of income. Your investment of energy, enthusiasm, time, reliability and making yourself indispensable to an employer are almost always a secure way to generate a gainful employment and income for you.
    Hello again, Busy:

I'm trying to help you too by DISCOURAGING you from continuing. My friend, Clough is saying the same thing although he's being much gentler than I am about it.

Again, I haven't followed your posts, but if you're just playing around here for extra income, then don't let me discourage you. However, if you're seeking income because you're really, really broke, then you're wasting your time seeking income from the internet. In my view, the only thing you'll wind up doing is wasting more of your precious earning time by investigating things that will never come to fruition - like the site you referenced.

Without going into detail, the only way people make money on the internet is if their site gets traffic or their ads get answered. Given that you're a neophyte at this, I'd say you have a better chance at winning the lottery than making a nickel off the web.

You may be the exception, however, and I secretly hope you are.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 09:06 AM
    How much money did you say you need, You will need a web site with thousands of views a day, not easy to get, there are percentages, for example if 10,000 people view your web site, then about 20 people will actually click a add to veiw it, if 20 people click a add on the site, you will get about 4.00. So to make lests say 100 dollar a month how many thousands of visitors to your web site do you need,? I am too lazy to do the math.

Since I have web sites, I do use the Google on them, I think I made about 30 cents off my web sites last week, so in about 5 years I will have earned that 100 dollar min for them to mail me a check just off my personal web sites.

Now if you can find a way to draw ten's of thousands of people to a site, great.

You may want to consider selling things on eBay, or even looking into some of the customer service jobs you can do at home.
    Check out some links on clarkhoward.com: Save more, spend less and avoid rip-offs for some work at home ideas off the internet.

The really funny thing I noticed the link you gave to do somehting with googgle did not even have the Google adsense connected to it? That was just laughable.

But check out googles own site and it will tell you everything you have to do.

https://www.google.com/adsense/login..._D&medium=link

But it is not the riches, you would have better luck selling watches on the subway.

Mar 15, 2008, 03:10 PM
    I wouldn't trust anything that trades on another's trademark.

And no, I'm not in the business of website design. Many web host servies will design a site for you.
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 04:04 PM
    This member has several threads going already for this, seems he is asking and reasking the same questions,

There is no need to buy or use another company, you can link to Google on your own.
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 04:06 PM
    This member has several threads going already for this, seems he is asking and reasking the same questions,

There is no need to buy or use another company, you can link to Google on your own.

I am not sure at this point he is not "advertising" this web site company, and has hidden the add among a longer question, since all of his threads, end up asking about this Google page,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Whole bunch of threads merged as they deal with the same thing.

Mar 16, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Thanks for taking out time for describing things at length to make things clearer for me.

First of all, I guess you did not appreciate my asking the same thing through different threads and being answered by different people. And my answer to that is, that I didn't get answered for my first question for several days. So just for the reason that nobody was taking a glance at my question, I tried putting it another way, so that I could get answered.

The second issue that I was trying to seek answers from different people- Well when I put a question, and a new person attempts to answer it, I reply accordingly and that's how it goes on from there.

I hope I have been able to answer, proper enough, that people don't have to take me wrong. I have no intentions of wasting my or any of yours time. My only idea of putting questions on this website is to get a way SOMEHOW OR ANYHOW so that I can get the MONEY that I want so urgently, in order for me to be able to sort out the problems faced at home.

Believe me if you can, and I am sure you will if you have a human heart, that I'm really not trying to play by asking questions again and again, but I am in a great need of money to resolve the problems at home. I am not also emphasising on internet ways of earning money, it could just be anything as a guidance which could help me to earn as per my requirement.

Thanks anyway for your precious time and effort in trying to help me. Any further assistance on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks n May God bless you.

Apr 22, 2008, 07:00 AM
    I am not sort of getting any answers so I stopped posting...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Minimum investment-Maximum profit [ 4 Answers ]

I am pretty interested in starting a business of my own, but unfortunately I don't know what should I do. It would be greatly appreciated if I get some ideas for starting a minimum investment and maximum profit business. I actually want to start a business, a little profit in the beginning would do...

Business without investment [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am not financely sound ,but I want to start my own business without any investment. Please help me out. Thx / Shailendra

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Small investment.great impact [ 1 Answers ]

How do I invest $30.00? I have to start small... It is important for it to make a great impact... Regardless of how small the investment is... Thank you, Amy Need2know07

View more questions Search